Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

theshim posted:

I'm about to start XCOM: Enemy Unknown. Never played any of these, going in blind. What should I know?

Get satellites everywhere for extra cash, panic reduction and special powers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Anything for 7th Dragon 3 VFD? the wiki's down so idk if anyone's answered already.

Wrestlepig fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Mar 30, 2017

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Always carry an Ariadne thread, take care with your map and keep an eye out for shortcuts (look for flowers on walls you can interact with). Status effects are really useful. As well as the standard stuff there's binds, which stop enemy moves related to that body part (like a guy can't kick if you bind his legs). Durations tend to be pretty short and managing buffs, debuffs and statuses are key for the story dudes. Other than that don't get greedy and you'll be fine.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

flatluigi posted:

Anything for West of Loathing? I've heard it might be pretty full of missables.

Eat food and stuff, it helps a lot

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Dr. Quarex posted:

Witcher 1 is amazing there we just had the argument that always happens here

Edit: Its combos are rhythm-based and I never felt like an utter failure at life as a result unlike in 2 where everyone dies in the tutorial. But I am sure 2 is still a great game and maybe some day I will actually not give up in frustration after the tutorial

The Witcher 2 has an awful tutorial that’s probably the hardest part of the game. They gated way too much of the functionality behind unlocks, and you pretty much need to go to the lowest difficulty until you figure out all the buttons and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

1redflag posted:

absolver is an interesting game and is a ps+ this month. Give me your tips

The best thing to angle for with your move deck is that you should be able to pick between a light and heavy attack at every opportunity. Some moves are better than others but you’re better off experimenting.