Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011

Agnostalgia posted:

Thanks. But there are a lot of times you're forced into foot combat (sieges, tourneys, ambushes, etc). I always end up getting beaten down in ground combat because enemies don't recoil after being blocked for long enough for me to get a hit in.

Blocking I rarely bothered with, outside of going shields up against archers or to backpedal.

On the ground, I'd try to play like on horse back, dip in, dip out. Wind up a swing, back pedal/sidestep until you see an opening, then hit them. One thing you can do is dance in and out of range with a strike ready, eventually they'll get tired of holding the block and will try to take a swing at you, but you'll already have a shot chambered.

Abuse reach, I like big two handers, and try to stick near your buddies. Getting caught 2 on 1 is bad news if you're the 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU