Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Ainsley McTree posted:

Anything for Far Cry 4 besides what's in the wiki?

Mainly I'd like to know if there are any skills that are essential to get ASAP, and if there are any weapons/upgrades that can be unlocked early on that I should be using? I always get overwhelmed by games with lots of choices like this one.

None of the skills are super essential but all of the ones that expand your killing options will be pretty good pick ups. Early on in the story you'll get reliable access to a gyrocopter spawn, next to the first outpost you liberate. It plus the M86 will let you fly around and gently caress over convoys and Pagan's Wrath with death from the sky. Finally, to upgrade your poo poo you'll need to climb towers to reveal hunting locations on your map. You can land a gyrocopter on the upper level of most towers without issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Ainsley McTree posted:

Are any of the hunting animals especially rare, or can I just approach it with the attitude of "I want to upgrade X and it tells me I need Y skins, it's time to hunt Y now" and otherwise ignore the animals I come across? Basically I hate how pelts take up space in your inventory, and I don't want to run around carrying a bunch of useless skins, but if I come across some golden marmoset or something that's going to be exceptionally hard to find on purpose, I guess I might as well know so I can kill it when I see it.

Only the final tier of each upgrade requires semi-rare animals and you'll know if you find them because they are hosed up. Otherwise just sell skins unless you need them.

Orv
May 4, 2011

RatHat posted:

Any tips for the Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor DLC?

Abuse your new toys.

Orv
May 4, 2011

StoryTime posted:

The wiki didn't have anything for Lichdom: Battlemage.

I don't personally care about missing some content or rewards or other things like that. However, I understand that a part of the game is creating your own spells by combining things. Can I just experiment my way through this system? Or am I likely to get stuck with Bad Dumb Spell For Idiots, instead of having Good Spell Recommended By Actual Wizards?

Unfortunately part of the overall problem with Lichdom is that the spell combinations are limited, extremely obvious and don't really do that much. You can find them all on your own with no issues and you'll still be better off just hucking fireballs for most of the game.

Orv
May 4, 2011
It's one of those games where the best recommendation you can give is to play it as long as you're having fun but the moment something irks you enough to wonder "Should I stop?" stop playing because it is an entire game of those problems.