Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
I want to start playing Expeditions: Conquistador, any advice for this, especially party creation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

al-azad posted:

That's my advice for basically any classic adventure adventure game.

Any non-Sierra adventure games.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
The best provinces to augment with metsukes are those with fertile or very fertile farms, or with gold mines.

If you don't mind spoilers, I'd watch Shalcar's LP in the archive, it's really instructive.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
In Might and Magic VII, only druids can get Grandmaster in Alchemy to craft Black potions, which gives permanent boosts to all your stats. You might find some in the world but they are rare.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
What should I know before playing Might and Magic VII: For blood and honor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Cardiovorax posted:

Trying to get good magic coverage is especially important, so playing a class spread like Knight/Knight/Rogue/Rogue is highly challenging to outright crippling. Based on what you select during a major mid-game story split, your characters will be able to perform class-evolution quests that will provide new abilities and increase their maximum mastery rank for their most important skills, so look up what each one gets first before committing to a lineup.

Trying to get a good coverage in elemental skills and Light/Dark magic is particularly important here. You absolutely want Grandmaster Water Magic on at least one character for the absolutely essential Lloyd's Beacon and Grandmaster Town Portal spells, for example. If you do not have these available to you, the lategame will quickly become something that is somewhere between frustrating to painful to handle.

As such, I would recommend looking at a wiki like this one and checking what the various magic schools have to offer and what character classes would be able to cover for each other's weaknesses there. You can get away with nearly everything else, but a bad skill spread and lack of the essentials can shut down an entire run once the difficulty starts to increase.

I see, it's actually necessary to be able to get at least one grandmaster in every school of magic, water aside? The default party of Knight/thief/cleric/sorcerer seems pretty good and it covers all magic skills.