Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic has been sitting unplayed in my Steam log for years, gonna change that. Anything to know in terms of builds, really useful skills, etc.? The wiki entry is pretty slim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Anything for Lisa?

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Just go with it. The game will do weird poo poo and you need to just be like "okay sure whatever, time to shoot stuff".

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

For Bloodborne, is there anything to know in regards to armor? Particularly good sets/pieces, anything that looks good but should be avoided, etc.?

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Okay, so it's not all that important than, at least compared to Dark Souls, and it looks like armor can't even be upgraded? So I'll just play Blood-Soaked Beast Hunter Edition Barbie and keep good resist pieces on hand.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Anything regarding starting party, stats, character building, etc. for Wasteland 2?

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Nothing in the wiki for these, anything for Fatal Frame 1 and 2?

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Run a new Monster Hunter as a built-in-Steam game that makes monsters based on the games you own. :haw:

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

I've never been into min/maxing super hard in RPGs, which I know the SMT series is known for, but how stupid is it to go into Persona 3/Persona 4 more casually and ignoring most of that stuff? Persona 5 looks awesome and I want to play 3/4 in preparation, I loving love the aesthetic of these games, but man do I not have the patience to look up spreadsheets and charts of what to combine to get what obscure skills and poo poo.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

You don't have to min/max (and in fact it snaps these games in half to do so (because I've done it)) but you still have to play smart. P3/4 are fairly easy SMT games, but they're still SMT. Don't ignore your buff/debuff skills, especially Tarunda.

Good ol' Tarunda. In P3 the ally Akihiko learns the debuffs but in P4 it's all on the main character.

Which versions of the games are you playing? There's Vanilla P3 and FES for the PS2, and Portable for the PSP, and P4 has vanilla on PS2 and Golden on the Vita.

P3:FES and P4 vanilla, both PS2 discs.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Okay, sounds like it should be fine as long as I'm relatively intelligent with buffs/debuffs and things. Thanks.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

For the love of God, don't run in and die pointlessly. Trickling in and getting killed does your team no good.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Not one bit. Revengeance is actually fairly self-contained story-wise, it's an outlier in the MGS franchise in both story and gameplay.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

I would lke to request a little cleaning up with the Dragon Quest 8 page, there's quite a lot of conflicting info there regarding skills and such. I know the game's not super hard but some clearer advice would be nice.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

I too just bought the DMC collection. Am I doing something wrong or is the dodge roll in 3 just really hard to pull off consistently? I keep dying to the first witch enemy and now the game is all "lol I guess you need easy mode". No, what I need is for enemies I'm targeting to stop jumping over my head and for the camera to not be poo poo so I can actually dodge roll and Stinger consistently. I've played 1 and 4 (and half of 2 I guess) and don't remember it being this obnoxious.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Anything for Punch Club? The wiki has some info for what you should focus on for strength builds but not for stamina and agility.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Yeah you can't even join other peoples' games if they're hacking, you kill one mob and you too will get shot up to the stratosphere in XP.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Anything for Monster Hunter Stories 2?

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Kiwami and Kiwami 2 are remakes of the original first two games in a newer engine. Zero is the 'prequel' to everything else and is the start of a lot of longer storylines in the series, as well as being mostly considered the best game in the whole series if not second best to 6. Like a Dragon is a JRPG style spinoff story but it's in the same universe and IIRC has a few cameos, but nothing hugely connected to the mainline Yakuza games. 3, 4, and 5 also have remasters on PC/PS4.

So basically, start with Zero, and if you love it, IMO it's just best to go chronologically from there. The games are mostly their own things but there are a lot of continuing characters and extended plots that lose a lot of their weight and drama if you skip anything in between.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Fruits of the sea posted:

Any recommendations for Yakuza Kiwami beyond what's in the wiki? I played Yakuza 0 a couple years ago, so what is different from it?

Y0's business games were really cool but I accidentally passed a point of no return and couldn't finish some parts. Is there a similar cut-off point?

E: if a game gives me a "gore" option with default as normal, there should drat well be a "abnormal" or "high" option instead of just low.

After the story ends I think you can hit Adventure Mode or something like that to go back and play more mini-game stuff if you want. I know I went back to go and dominate children's electric car racing for a while.