Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deus Rex Machina
Aug 19, 2011

I wish in the past I had tried more things 'cause now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea

quote:

please also post in the thread to say that you sent me an email.
Yep.

wanted to add:
Terraria 1.1 update now has a function where you can press SHIFT to automatically use the right tool for what your mouse is on. This really helps with the 'Why can't I mine wood walls??'

TheRagamuffin posted:

To make a shelter that keeps monsters out, you need to have an area that is entirely enclosed by walls
-snip-
THANK YOU
for some reason the terraria wikis out there are pretty awful at clarifying things.

Deus Rex Machina fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Dec 14, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deus Rex Machina
Aug 19, 2011

I wish in the past I had tried more things 'cause now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea
I never was given access to edit the wiki.

How do I get that?

Deus Rex Machina
Aug 19, 2011

Quick question about Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin

I bought a used copy off of amazon and it looks like 4 (sets of?) characters are unlocked. Should I delete the save data or who should I play as for my first playthrough? I sort of doubt it'll keep my attention for more than two playthroughs, so if you think any character is especially neat let me know.

Thanks!

Deus Rex Machina
Aug 19, 2011

pentyne posted:

Sociopastry posted:

Anyone have anything for Chantelise: A Tale of Two Sisters?

You will have to grind an obscene amount to make it through the game. Expect to replay each dungeon all the way through 5-10 times each to level up enough and acquire enough money to buy upgrades so you can defeat the boss.

Alternatively there's a glitch you can abuse for infinite health... it's still pretty grindy but:
In levels where ferromin is the secret treasure you can receive the HP boost before the treasure is marked as cleared. Play the level individually NOT STORY and unlock the treasure then return to map immediately after you received the HP boost. If you did it right the treasure will not be "clear" and you can claim the ferromin again.
You'll be spending most of your cash on health upgrades, so this makes a pretty nice shortcut.

other tips:

At some point in the game you will need to speak to everyone in town, maybe even two or three times if I am recalling correctly...

Things I didn't know until the end of the game:
At some point the chapel in the north-west of town opens up and can give you hints about where hidden treasures are. Unfortunately with the translation most of the clues are no help whatsoever.
There is a fishing mini-game (it's terrible).

And if you get stuck at the endgame unfortunately I recall there being no complete walkthrough. You'll have to search Youtube for hints.

Deus Rex Machina fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Feb 24, 2013

Deus Rex Machina
Aug 19, 2011

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

If you have a problem with unruly pigs, make sure other animals aren't accidentally getting caught in the grain processor. After feeding pigs, examine the trough for inedible animal parts such as bones or feathers.
Rival farmers getting too much attention at the farmer's market? Don't be afraid to put some heat on the competition. Be creative.

This sounds amazing.

Out of morbid curiosity: can you put heat on the competition with a wheat thresher?

...drat... video games do make you violent..