Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

Arcturas posted:

I just reinstalled Medieval 2 for the first time in approximately ten years. Anyone have any good advice for understanding the economy or how to handle unit recruitment/replenishment? Almost all of my total war experience is with Warhammer, Warhammer 2, and 3K, so I'm very used to units replenishing to full strength just for being in friendly territory. I have a vague sense that's not how Med 2 works? Also a vague sense that I kept restarting as England and getting grumpy that I had a hard time early on.

Not economy, but:
Park a diplomat next to Rome, keep bribing the pope with small gifts.
Or gift a territory at your border that you don't want to the pope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

It will lock you in one of the endgame missions (depending on choice) for a while, but when you finish the game, you'll get the option to return to the entrance of embers to just continue playing or do the other endings.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Evil Mastermind posted:

Anyone have anything for Immortals: Fenyx Rising?

Do the side mission with the fallen bird first. You'll get a really useful ability in the end.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

ahobday posted:

I'm 4 hours into Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin and it seems straightforward, but is there anything I should be aware of?

If a main mission or side mission on the map says its level is a little or even much higher than your equipment level, start it anyway. Basic enemies will drop gear at the higher level immediately.

Attacks that knock enemies in the air are extremely useful.

I would use shards to work towards unlocking new jobs, not upgrading my current one.

When in doubt, black magic or Sage while your party members use their skills to gain attention.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

pooch516 posted:

I'm playing Subnautica: Below Zero right now and wondering if I missed something. I have a bunch of crafting blueprints for furniture, but they don't show up in the fabricator menus. Without spoiling too much about the progression or items later on, are these things something I'll be able to make later, or did I miss something? I never played the first game, so I don't know if that was maybe explained a bit more in that one.

Also, pretty early on I found the Delta Base which has a broken fabricator in it. I tried using the Repair tool on it, but nothing happened. Is the fabricator in my original escape pod the only one I can use, or can I use Delta base as a kind of second base for crafting?

You need to fabricate a specific piece of equipment in order to make rooms/furniture/...
The fabricator is only for smaller materials or tools, for bigger things you need something else and you need to scan some parts of it first (look around wrecks or in boxes)
You will eventually be able to quite easily make fabricators yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

thebardyspoon posted:

Is there anything for Octopath Traveller 2? Thinking of picking it up cause I'm in the mood for one of those games potentially.

I read some of the reviews that said there are some standout characters to potentially pick as your initial main character? I'm not sure if there's any mechanical reason for that or if it's just subjectively those reviewers found those characters more interesting.

Every character is viable as your first character, but the one you pick cannot leave the party until you finish their story, so make sure you like them and their abilities.