Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I'm about to try The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks for the first time. I'm familiar with most of the older Zelda games, so is there anything special I should know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Twitch posted:

I have a ton of trouble with the side missions in Saint's Row 2, except Insurance Fraud which became incredibly easy once I figured it out:
-Restart the mission until the starting zone is within running distance of a freeway or one of the large bridges
-Run onto the bridge, away from the camera; cars will spawn in your direction and once you get far enough onto the road they'll be at freeway speed+freaking out speed
-When a car (or even better bus or truck) hits you, try to keep going straight forward
-When you start to get near the end of the stretch of road you're on, guide yourself to the lane going in the other direction and move the camera 180 degrees so cars keep spawning behind you, repeat until you win or screw up
-If you can manage to clip under the wheels of a truck you get assloads of money and either into adrenaline mode or at least most of the way into it

Once you get the rhythm of this down, it generally allows for a good deal of wiggle room in all but maybe the hardest levels of Insurance Fraud, and even that wasn't too bad once I figured this out.

On a related note, if there are any other side missions in Saint's Row 2 that are easy to cheese through, it would be appreciated. I absolutely love the game, but I'm terrible at it.

As I recall, the Fuzz side quests can be burned through pretty quickly, plus they're always pretty fun. You just need to make sure that you ALWAYS keep the camerman alive and with you in the car. He'll lay some special stuff on you like using satchel charges so it can be a bit of a pain sometimes, but you get a relativly generous time limit so it's pretty easy.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I just rented Rainbow Six Vegas 2, any tips?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I'm getting Alan Wake from Gamefly, any tips?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Any tips for Asura's Wrath?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Silent Hill Downpour.

I just started and it feels really weird. Does the combat ever start to feel right? I love Silent Hill but the game feels sorta busted so far. I'm in the caves at this point.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Static Rook posted:

In general, you can avoid most combat. This is old, so you're probably past the point, but look up the code to the green locker just after the caves, when you first get to the outskirts of the town. There's a double sided axe inside that you can keep for most of the game. Also, just look up the code for the door in the library to save some needless running around, likewise with any other coded doors.

Combat never really feels right, but you get used to it. I recently got the platinum trophy for Downpour, and the thread's closed, so if you have any other questions ask away.

I looked up the code for the lockers. Ended up with the ax and nail gun. Honestly the game was pretty bad. I wanted to like it and it had it's moments but jesus christ the frame rate was atrocious and the story was incredibly bland, especially the gigantic copout of a good ending.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Any Pokemon X and Y tips?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I got Kingdom Hearts 2.5 and I'm going to try Birth By Sleep for the first time. How's the battle system? It just kinda looks like the I and II system with some boost meter added to it. Any tips and other things I should know before I start?