Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

This might be a better question for the fighting thread, but what should I know before playing Super Street Fight IV: Arcade Edition for the first time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Any tips for EUIV? I'm pretty familiar with Crusader Kings 2 but the skills don't really translate.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

But really, find someone to co-op with.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Hmm, I saw them a few months ago but myspace seems to have gone through some sort of major redesign since then.

edit: wait you can still access them using the wayback machine.

here's all of the original urls

Lord Lambeth fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Apr 3, 2014

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Any advice for Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate? What is this stuff about charm tables? I have the Wii U version, if that makes a difference.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

There are a bunch of mods over in here

Just a heads up though, nobody knows if Rockstar is gonna bring the hammer down on these or let it slide. Don't use them online, just to be safe.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Captain Beans posted:

Picked up Alpha Protocol on steam for $3, always heard it's an interesting game.

All I remember people suggesting is that you spec pistols/stealth because it lets you breeze through the lovely combat. Anything else? Mods to download?

Don't feel the need to stick to pistols and stealth if you find that boring. You can totally go shotgun, assault rifle, or martial arts. (I would avoid SMG) The important thing is to have one combat skill, the rest is up to you.

Also play with a pad, the game was designed for it and the minigames have some odd mouse lag.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Don't think you have to complete a hub first, then go on to the next one. Mix them up a ton.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Bhodi posted:

that goes counter to what I was told in another thread, interesting. I didn't try it myself. Flamethrower was garbage? bummer.

I specced pretty hard into igni and the flamethrower was my favorite tool. Adding dragons dream and one of my swords to that, I could do a lot of damage very quickly.

Fat Samurai posted:

Try firing it a little earlier and then approaching the enemy, rather than firing when they are close to you. It gets yo a little more time for the ignite to start.

And burning people to death is hilarious
Also don't use it when they are charging at you.

really, it's incredibly difficult to go wrong with skills in Witcher 3. Just pick what looks fun.

Lord Lambeth fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jun 1, 2015

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Anyone have advice for Expeditions: Conquistador?

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

The charges are effected by the recipes you have but I didn't dip too far into the alchemy tree.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Any tips for Wizardy in general? Like which one to start with. I'm talking about those gog re-releases, to be clear.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

ninjahedgehog posted:

Thanks for the tips, guys. I could only play for a little bit yesterday so I'm still in the mining facility. In the least spoilery way possible, can someone tell me when I get a lightsaber/Jedi robes? I remember Taris in KOTOR 1 being kind of a slog because I spent the entire time wondering when the hell I could finally do cool Force poo poo.

Just go do the main quest and stuff. You get force powers and robes long before you get the lightsaber. Heck you get "Disable Droid" before you even leave the mining facility.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Any hot tips and tricks for Shin Megami Tensei 4?

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Nohman posted:

Anything for Shadow Warrior (the new one)?

The sword is super powerful when leveled up and is the most fun weapon to use. I also reccomend grabbing the skills that increase your speed and lengthen how long you can run.

Watch out for stairs though, if you sprint off the top of one you might end up killing yourself from the fall damage.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Hit the ? under my avatar in this post. I've posted about the game a few times in this thread.

This is cool advice, thanks.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

You can but you need to install a mod that fixes the last 5%.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Monkey Fracas posted:

Witcher 2?

Slowly working out how to not get wrecked in combat but it still seems rough, like I'm not doing something right. And there appears to be a fuckload of superfluous items laying around in this game; should I be obsessively hoarding those or what?

Abuse Quen hard.

As soon as you can, unlock the riposte skill that's located in the sword tree. It makes the game a fair amount easier. There are also points later in the game where you control a different character and this is the only skill that carries over.

There's a fairly tough boss fight at the end of Chapter 1 who basically has your exact moveset, bring decent potions and bombs to make the fight easier.

Hide a save somewhere when you get to a story quest called "At A Crossroads". It's located right before that chapter 1 bossfight and it's where you make the decision that completely changes the next chapter. I recommend doing this because you'll want to play the game twice to get the full story.

Lord Lambeth fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Dec 1, 2015

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

so Resident Evil 6 is insane. I get that it's a zombie wrestling simulator and quick shots are vital and I should be sliding around all the time but what the hell is going on, how am I supposed to get good and why is it so dark, and just general advice please.

Think of RE6 as more of a fighting game where bullets are just meant to stagger your enemy just long enough for you to punch them. Don't approach it like RE4 or 5.

Also with SMTIV, does anyone have advice for beating the Minotaur in Naruka? He keeps beating the snot out of me and my monsters.

Lord Lambeth fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Dec 7, 2015

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Mercs mode is honestly better than the main campaigns, just play merc mode.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Any tips for Devil Survivor: Overclocked?

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Any pointers on Project CARS? I didn't see anything on the wiki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I really want to get into Hunt: Showdown. Do you folks have any tips and tricks to make me a better player?