Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet
Anyone have any advice for Of Orcs and Men?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Anything for Epic Mickey 2?

Is it like the first one where you can't really backtrack?

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Hey, so playing partway through epic mickey 2, and I have some advice/tips.

-This game is primarily meant as a co-op game. It is playable single player, but note that you will only be able to use co-op moves (like high jumping) where the game thinks you need them. It is pretty good about knowing when, but it also means you can't explore as easily.
-Unlike Epic Mickey 1, this game lets you fully backtrack. There may be a point of no return, but you can still normally revisit old areas.
-If you collect the movies inside of cartoons, you can then use the movie theater in mean street to fast travel directly to places, instead of having to hop from zone to zone.
-The game lets you make your own decisions on a lot of quests, but doesn't really reward being neutral. If you have the choice of turning in something to one of two quest givers, stick with one the entire quest.
-Don't destroy the air conditioning above the hat shop. It doubles the price of all clothes.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Hey, Pokemon Conquest question: What should I evolve my Eevee into?

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Any recommendations for the new DMC game?

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Anything that can make Sword of the Stars: The Pit more friendly? I don't mean its super hard, I just have no idea about how to level up or anything.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Any useful tips for Ni No Kuni? It seems pretty straight forward, but I just want to make sure I don't screw myself or something.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Supeerme posted:

I just started playing Dragon Quest 9, so is there anything I should watch out for? Apart from the punny names? What's the best loadout for this game?

Don't sell anything ever. Alchemy is amazing, and you never want to sell things.
Monks are pretty good?
I don't remember anything else.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I actually never used the alchemy pot at all, since I didn't want to be bothered Googling recipes, and I did fine.

Gladiators are absolutely terrifying, especially combined with the attack-doubling buff Armamentalists get. If you have a Paladin, make a beeline for Forbearance. Fisticuffs is bad unless you go totally all-in on it.

Claws are pretty good I think?
Also, you can't unlock some of the extra classes til wayyyyy late. Or at least mid game. But the game has a lot of post-game content to work with as well.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

I kind of hosed up the jobs system when I played. I went in expecting it to be like DQVI where you could master jobs fairly quickly and thus swap them around afterwards. It's very hard to do that in DQIX in the same way. What you're supposed to do is apparently constantly switch out jobs so you can gather a lot of points at the lower levels, then switch back to the actual job (or rather skill) you want dump all of them into that one skill. You retain these skills across jobs I think.

I think weapon skills cross-class, job related skills don't?

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

So I'm kinda an experienced SMT player, but is there anything I should know about Soul Hackers? Anyways to screw myself over/out of items?

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Hyperspace dimension neptunia, the first one or whatever. Anything to be advised about?

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

BrightWing posted:

To add to that: Neptunia is really anime. Like, all the worst, most mockable parts of anime stuffed into one game.

I am honestly considering playing it with little to no volume. I've heard the later games are semi-better/interesting game play wise?

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

OK, so you guys were pretty right about Hyperdimension Neptunia...

So what do I need to know about Hyperdimension Neptunia MkII? Are shares used for anything stupid again?

JaggerMcDagger fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jul 15, 2013

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Haha, I know it literally just came out, but anything for Shin Megami Tensei 4?

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

So I know its not the most recent game, but what should I know about Tales of Graces F? What does the F stand for, anyway?

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Centipeed posted:

http://beforeiplay.com/index.php?title=Tales_of_Graces_F

The "f" stands for "Future", since the PS3 re-release contains a future arc that is not available in the original Wii version. You start it after you complete the main game, and it acts as an epilogue of sorts (Though it's about 10 hours long).

Thanks for that! Are the sidequests as easy to miss as Vesperia, or are we talking a logical level of oh hey do this thing now?

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

So I know there is some stuff for Tales Of Xillia on the wiki, but because this is a tales game, and I got burned by Vesperia before, how missable are the sidequests?

To contribute, have something for Mario and Luigi: Dream Team
Around halfwayish through the game, there will be a mini-cutscene where the game introduces the Gold beanie, a rare monster that drops tons of coins and xp, and some rare items. The game will make a point to say that these are really hard to find, but I found plenty of them just proceeding along in the game like normal, without any backtracking. One thing to note about these enemies is that they only seem to run away if you mess up on a counterattack. As long as you counter them and they are lying on their backs, they don't seem to try to escape. In addition, you can save as soon as you see one, and then just reset your game if they run away to refight them.

In the last giant Luigi fight of the game, there will be a part near the end of the battle where you and the boss will be fighting each other like spinning tops. This part controls with the 3ds motion sensor thing. Hold your 3ds completely level before it starts, otherwise you might veer off uncontrollably regardless of where you tilt it. In addition, you can use the home screen to pause to readjust.

JaggerMcDagger fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Sep 14, 2013

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Centipeed posted:

Finding sidequests in Tales of Xillia relies on you noticing that an NPC has a certain type of speech bubble over their heads, and the speech bubbles are quite blurry and hard to make out from a distance because of the the way the graphics engine works.

Or in other words, sidequests are VERY missable. I think some of the more major ones are started by forced cutscenes (Devil Arms was like this, I seem to recall).

So talk to everyone repeatedly throughout the story? Just keep going back to places occasionally?

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Morpheus posted:

Been playing Pandora's Tower for a bit - not too far (two towers completed), but is there anything in particular I need to keep in mind, or anything I should be looking out for?

Those red doors? They are post game. Don't worry about them.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Anything to know about Puppeteer?

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

How do I be a good devil in unholy heights?

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

So gamefly just shipped ou Ar Tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel, and I am already almost regretting it.

1. Is this game as uncomfortably anime as the previous ones?
2. Are there any game crashing glitches, like the previous ones?
3. Are any of the specific partners extremely overpowered, like the previous ones?
4. Anything else I should know?

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

theshim posted:

1) The battle system in this game is "strip girls to power them up". Playing it makes you an unredeemably horrible human being.

God drat it. That was what I was afraid of.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Is this a game I can at least get some ironic enjoyment out of? Like is every aspect of it bad, or am I going to be able to play it and have fun describing how bad it is to my friends at least?

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Final Fantasy XIII-2.
I've read the wiki, I'm just wondering if there are any monsters in particular that are super worth it or anything.

Also, this game isn't going to make me hate myself like my previous choice, right?

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Oh my god, I'm currently getting paralyzed by live decisions in ff-13-2.
I don't need a comprehensive list, but are there any points where the option I choose actually makes a major difference?

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Anything useful for Batman: Arkham Origins?

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Anything particular to know about Castlevania: Lords of Shadows 2s? I've played the first one and the terrible 3ds sequel, so I'm not super unfamiliar with the gameplay, but it has been a while!

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Anything to know about The Witch and the Hundred Knight?

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

I would like to know about Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars , please.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Anything good to know about Wonderful 101?
I already know there is a space harrier stage, but other than that I'm going into it pretty blind.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Doesn't soul storm also add a poo poo ton of glitches as well?

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Tales of Xillia 2. Do I need to not use gels to get something again?

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance my god the parkour and the pokemon HELP

So all those cool skills you leveled up on your pokemons? They only stay with that pokemon. So when you switch to a new team, don't be surprised if you find yourself a lot weaker because you really don't have half the skills you thought you had.
By the end of the game you will be up to your ears in minigames for your pokemons, so don't really worry too much about hording them.
Traverse town is way loving bigger than in previous games so don't be surprised.
More often than not, anything that is unique to a certain character is really good. So all the dark/shadow moves are good choices for Riku, for example.
The final boss has some really obnoxious moves, so don't be surprised if you get cheap shotted.
Also, unlike some of the other kingdom hearts games, there is really only one post game boss, so don't expect too much to happen after you beat the game.

Anyone have anything for Bayonetta 2?

JaggerMcDagger fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Nov 11, 2014

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Persona Q?

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Erdos posted:

Just bought Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate with one of the new 3ds XLs. What should I know?

And on that note, are there charm tables? Is that bullshit back?

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

ToxicFrog posted:

Anything for Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy? I've poked a bit at the two characters, Raze and Ulrika, and honestly I don't really like either of them; Raze is kind of boring and Ulrika is a self-centered rear end in a top hat. Assuming I won't bother to play through both plotlines, which one should I choose? I've heard that there are significant plot differences between them, it's not just a matter of different starting parties.

On a second playthrough , one of the first optional bosses you can fight will freeze the game if he gets too many turns. It's possible to beat him before that happens, but be aware that your game will freeze if you aren't fast enough.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

The Awakened Fate Ultimatum: is every angel choice going to make me feel like a dick, or is every choice in general going to do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Anything tips for The Witch and the Hundred Knight? I've heard there's a nasty bug or two in there. Playing the PAL version if that makes any difference.

Normal ending is the bad ending, true ending is a less bad but still bad ending, bad ending is the best ending.
People will start getting mad at you if you constantly take over houses. Sometimes its worth it, but not often.
When you are setting up your weapon combos, make sure the die numbers go in order, as that gives you a massive boost in damage.
The last level and boss are huge dicks and spikes in difficulty so don't be surprised if you have to grind.