Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
I want to play Pillars of Eternity and I'm just wondering is there anything I need to know about character creation? Like is there a way to accidentally gimp myself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

Anyone have any tips for someone playing Wasteland 2 Director's Cut for the first time? Specifically related to character creation. I've looked up like 4 different guides and a lot of them recommend completely different things so I want to make sure I don't gimp myself.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

Kanfy posted:

Skill-wise, I wrote a post way back when about what I ended up going through the game with:

So for the 10 int character did you give them all those skill points right away or was it gradually over leveling up? And I guess from your advice all other characters should focus on 3 to 4 skills?

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

Hey I've been wanting to play a star control game since that franchise is in the news. Which one should I start with? Should I start at 1 or skip it for one of the others? Also what should I know about whatever game is best to start with?

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

Hey what do I need to know about Shogun 2 Total War? It's my first Total War game so I am completely unprepared.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

Does anyone have character creation tips for Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition? I want to make sure I don't accidentally create a terrible build.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

anilEhilated posted:

-At least one character should have the skill for talking to animals, they have some of the best dialogue around. Also unlocks a couple quests.
-Specialize a wizard in two elements, ideally ones that work together: air and ice are good for electrifying water and earth creates poisoned fumes that can be set fire to.
-Don't stress over your two characters having to be too balanced (warrior and wizard, whatever) - you'll be able to round your party out with NPCs.

Ah I didn't realize there'd be extra NPC party members. I assumed it was just the twoain party members since the game had a bit of an online coop push.

Thanks

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

Anyone got advice for Total War: Shogun 2? I actually asked about that game here a while ago but I ended up putting it off and now I can't find the original post I made :v:

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

Anyone have any advice for The Council? Specifically I'm wondering about skill point distribution.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

Morpheus posted:

Generally you'll want at least a point in everything to avoid being locked out of options. Then focus on getting level 2 in the ones you like to save the effort points or whatever they're called.

So I know you have to pick a skill tree to specialize in at the beginning of the game. Do you mean every point in that skill tree or in every skill tree?

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

Morpheus posted:

Every skill in every tree, I'd say. You really don't want to find that the only option you have available in a crucial conversation is one that the other person is resistant against.

Huh I didn't expect there to be enough skill points to do that but alright.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

Anything I should know for Dragon Quest 3? Specifically the mobile port.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

Anyone have any advice for Anno 1800? I've played Anno 2070 before but that was a very long time ago.