Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What should I know about Dishonored before I play it? (prefferably without spoilers if possible.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm about to start X3: Albion Pre-lude (Bought it from Gamer's Gate) What should I know?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gay Atheist posted:

The class system was different in PS:T but if you didn't beef up Wisdom, Charisma and Intelligence (in basically that order of importance) throughout you'd miss out on a ton of dialogue and side events! There were a TON of stat checks within dialogue in that game and while you could do well and beat the game as a tough guy fighter or sneaky agile thief, you definitely want to go high mental stats mage for the best experience. Baldur's Gate doesn't place that sort of emphasis on dialogue (afaik almost all the dialogue options are always the same regardless of your stats or alignment) so you don't miss out on anything by rolling the 'wrong' stats.

This sounds terrible, why would "No emphasis on dialogue" be a selling point in an RPG?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gay Atheist posted:

it was the first game of it's kind. Don't get me wrong, the writing in BG is absolutely stellar, it just doesn't have the stat checks within dialogue present in PS:T that let you overlook a good portion of the game if you didn't know to make your man a smarty-pants. Good thing this thread and the wiki exist.

So, wait, do you feel games like Fallout are poorly designed because they required you to have skills to pass certain speech checks, I was under the impression that was good game design, requiring you to specialize your character and not just make the thing that hits hardest.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

McCoy Pauley posted:

Just starting Dishonored. Anything basic I should know going into it? Anything early on I might miss?

Don't Save Scum.

You'll get an item that lets you see all the secrets on a level, it's pretty chill.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just set it to Very Easy (For FO3) and apprentice (For Skyrim,) if you're really worried about the combat progression. What it does is makes you tankier and makes the enemies squishier.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dark Souls 2 comes out on PC in 13 days, it's already been a month, what are some things I should know?

(I've beaten Dark Souls a few times.)

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mount & Blade: Warband?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Shadow Warrior has a bunch of upgrades, and I've hit a boss I can't beat. Is there any tricks if you feel like you've gimped yourself?

(It's the necromancer with the funny hat.)

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anything for Dying Light?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gharbad the Weak posted:

I'm looking for hot hot tips on Mordheim: City of the Damned, please help~

I found a few great tips here.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What should I know before I play Rune Factory 4?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Evil Mastermind posted:

Is there anything for the new Doom?

Spend our first 10 Praetorian points on your mapping stuff, so you can see almost all of the upgrade items on your map.
You can go back to previous level and poke around for secrets you may have missed while you didn't have auto-map.
Don't leave a map without grabbing every drone / praetorian point.

If you're good at FPS's you may want to up the difficulty.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Diablo 3?

Also I can access the games list but not the front page. All CSS is there.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What do I need to know when playing EDF! 4.1

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anything for God Eater?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vidaeus posted:

I'm after specific, non-spoiler advice for The Witcher 3.

I'm at a very clear point of no return: Isle of the mists. Is there anything I should make sure I do before proceeding? I hate missing quests/content to this kind of thing.

A.) No, you're not lol. Won't say more then that.

B.) Do any character specific quests before you go forward though, it's your last chance to do those.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does anyone know why in Shovel Knight I can't get the fish dude to fill my cup again?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone got anything for Tales of Berseria? It's like my fourth JRPG ever, Behind Chrono Trigger, where I never got past the distant future bit, Fire Emblem, and DQ8, and I'm really enjoying it.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Persona 5

I want a spoiler free map that tells me where my Confidants are, I'd search for it for myself, but I don't want to be spoiled :(

Does anyone know of something good like that around?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If I pull up a page and it's not long, I go somewhere else, there's so much poo poo that's not explained on the Persona 5 page, and it makes me upset.

e: Like pressing Square on the fast travel menu to see who you can hang out with, and those with UP next to their name will have another story session with you.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's a meme to say SUPERHOT IS THE MOST INNOVATIVE SHOOTER IN YEARS.

And it's kind of amazing how they got that phrase to go viral.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

anilEhilated posted:

Anything for Shadow of War? I've played the first one so I'm kinda wary of doing sidequests without access to most of my arsenal.

When you get to the end, don't feel obligated to play through Shadow Wars (you'll know what I mean.) It's designed around extracting value from the customer through lootboxes. Play until it's not fun anymore, then look up the end on youtube.