Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a busted-up mailbox
Dec 14, 2012
This isn't quite my first time, but I'm trying to pick up 7th Dragon again.

Last time, I got completely stuck―just about everything ended up attacking my squishy mage and healer in the back row and one-/two-hit KO'ing them―and ended up dropping it early on.

How much level grinding am I supposed to do in this game, what strategies should I use, and what kind of party/parties should I go with if I don't want to die?

a busted-up mailbox fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Nov 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a busted-up mailbox
Dec 14, 2012
Just about to purchase a Rune Factory game. I can't afford a 3DS at the moment, and I can only afford to buy one.

Which one should I get if I'm just starting out, and what should I know before I play it?

a busted-up mailbox
Dec 14, 2012
I've just started up Dragon Quest IX and have just gotten to the bar where you can choose your party, but I have almost zero experience with the combat, class, or skill system for this series. I don't want to build myself into a corner in the postgame, so I'm looking for gameplay tips as well as suggestions for party builds, especially anything with the potential to break the game open.

a busted-up mailbox
Dec 14, 2012
I've decided to finally start playing Final Fantasy VII for the PS1, and I'd like the experience to be as painless as possible. What are some pitfalls I should watch out for, and how do I best break the game?

a busted-up mailbox
Dec 14, 2012
I'm considering playing Etrian Odyssey IV but am not looking forward to the Atlus grinding. What are some bullshit cheese strats I can use to breeze through the game?

I'm also thinking of jumping right in with a challenge hack of Pokemon X, but I haven't played any games in the series for a long time. What would an offense-focused competitive Gen 6 team look like? I know that speed is very important in 4 and that weather is king in 5, but I know nothing about 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a busted-up mailbox
Dec 14, 2012
I'm on the first chapter of 7th Dragon 2020-II with an Idol/Trickster/Destroyer party, but I'm unsure how viable this would be later on in the game, as the Trickster and Destroyer seem to overlap with each other, potentially stretching my Idol thin performing support, magic attacking, and area-of-effect attacking roles.

Is this a party worth sticking with, or should I swap out the Destroyer for a Psychic for better healing and attack coverage? If it is, are the dagger Trickster's status infliction skills strong enough in this game to be worth spending skill points on, or should I go with guns for AoE attack coverage instead? Also, would it be worth investing in the Destroyer's counter skills? Even once I unlock recovery skills so that I don't need to rely on item healing, I'm concerned that I'd need to spend all of my Idol's turns healing up my Destroyer.