Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Probottt
Dec 15, 2013
Picked up Two Worlds 2 on a whim today and played about 3 hours worth today. Anything in particular worth knowing before I really jump into the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probottt
Dec 15, 2013
I just picked up Gothic 3 from a sale on GOG and I noticed there was no page for it. Anything in particular I should know?

Probottt
Dec 15, 2013
I just picked up Avernum. Is there anything in particular worth knowing, specifically about party building?

Probottt
Dec 15, 2013
I realize this may be a little obscure, but does anyone have anything for Mana Khemia 2?

Probottt
Dec 15, 2013
Anyone have any useful tips for Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber? The wiki didn't seem to have anything on it.

Probottt
Dec 15, 2013
Is there anything I should know before I play Ultima 4? The wiki was kind of sparse on the game.

Probottt
Dec 15, 2013

MiltonSlavemasta posted:

I was surprised there wasn't already a page for Knights of the Old Republic 2.

- You can now influence your companions with certain dialogue options during the course of gameplay. Positively influencing your companions opens up dialogue trees which explains more of their backstory, as well as a bunch of other rewards besides simple experience points or items.
- On that same note, make sure you talk to all of your companions often. It is worth it.
- You can now use mines to automatically force open doors and containers if you don't want to bash them for two minutes, at the risk of destroying some of the objects in a container, and with no penalty for doors.
- If you want to see as much of the game as possible in one playthrough, your best best is the Sentinel. With that class, you get a ton of base class skills so you can interact with a lot of NPC's and objects, and you're not tied down to either melee weapons or the force like Guardians or Consulars are, respectively.
- Make sure you search every Assassin droid you kill. Their remains usually contain specific components used for getting a certain companion.
- Try not to get into a habit of relying on one or two companions for the entire game. Each character has something they can bring to the party, and I usually try to diversify my party when I play. Just because a companion can't use the force, doesn't mean they are useless.
- Not sure if this is true for everyone, but I found that it's really difficult to make a bad character. Invest in skills, feats, and powers that you think would be useful or fun, and you should be fine.
- Obsidian fleshed out the crafting mechanic for KotoR 2, so if you don't think you'll need an item, you can break it down into components and chemicals instead of just selling it, and make items and upgrades out of said components and chemicals. Use this and use it often, you can make some seriously great items with clever uses of the crafting system, and it's not too difficult to get the hang of.

Probottt
Dec 15, 2013
One thing I forgot to mention with KotoR 2 - Always have at least one companion with a ranged weapon who can stand back and support your melee guys by throwing grenades and shooting enemies while they're distracted. Not using ranged characters to their fullest potential was a mistake that I made during my first few playthroughs of the KotoR games.

Probottt
Dec 15, 2013

superstepa posted:

Anything for Deus Ex: Invisible War? I made myself a promise that I will play through all the deus ex games before mankind divided comes out and I just finished my DX1 playthrough. Should I even bother with non-lethal?

-There are no skills like in the first Deus Ex, so hacking has to be obtained by using a Black Market Biomod canister. In all of my playthroughs of the game, I have found no reason not to take hacking because of how useful it is.

-Almost every weapon has a special unique variant that can be found at a specific location in the game. It's usually worth exploring everywhere to find these weapons.

Probottt
Dec 15, 2013
Anyone have any tips for Lords of Xulima?

Probottt
Dec 15, 2013

Capsaicin posted:

I started playing The Witcher. The first one, not the new one. Anything that's not on the wiki? I feel like in battle, I'm just waiting until my sword turns to fire and then I'm clicking again.

Aard is a great sign. At its higher levels, it become a non-lethal shotgun that can stun multiple enemies, allowing you some breathing room. Also, if you attack a stunned enemy, there's a chance you'll get an insta kill off on them.

Probottt
Dec 15, 2013

Evil Mastermind posted:

I'm going to finally get around to trying STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl; are there any must-have mods?

Personally, I'd just go through the game without any mods if this is your first time. Unlike Clear Sky, the game is completely playable out of the box. If you're dead set on using a mod, though, I'd go with what GuavaMoment says and use the Complete Mod.

Probottt
Dec 15, 2013
Any one have any tips for Unity of Command? I picked it up during the summer sale and was surprised at how relentlessly difficult it is.

Probottt
Dec 15, 2013

ninjahedgehog posted:

Knights of the Old Republic II is 25% off on Steam and got a major update for the first time in years (!) so why not. Apart from downloading the restored content mod, any tips?

Probottt posted:

- You can now influence your companions with certain dialogue options during the course of gameplay. Positively influencing your companions opens up dialogue trees which explains more of their backstory, as well as a bunch of other rewards besides simple experience points or items.
- On that same note, make sure you talk to all of your companions often. It is worth it.
- You can now use mines to automatically force open doors and containers if you don't want to bash them for two minutes, at the risk of destroying some of the objects in a container, and with no penalty for doors.
- If you want to see as much of the game as possible in one playthrough, your best best is the Sentinel. With that class, you get a ton of base class skills so you can interact with a lot of NPC's and objects, and you're not tied down to either melee weapons or the force like Guardians or Consulars are, respectively.
- Make sure you search every Assassin droid you kill. Their remains usually contain specific components used for getting a certain companion.
- Try not to get into a habit of relying on one or two companions for the entire game. Each character has something they can bring to the party, and I usually try to diversify my party when I play. Just because a companion can't use the force, doesn't mean they are useless.
- Not sure if this is true for everyone, but I found that it's really difficult to make a bad character. Invest in skills, feats, and powers that you think would be useful or fun, and you should be fine.
- Obsidian fleshed out the crafting mechanic for KotoR 2, so if you don't think you'll need an item, you can break it down into components and chemicals instead of just selling it, and make items and upgrades out of said components and chemicals. Use this and use it often, you can make some seriously great items with clever uses of the crafting system, and it's not too difficult to get the hang of.
To add to this:
- Always try to have someone who is good with ranged weapons in your current party. While it's tempting to have a party full of lightsaber-wielding Jedi, it's super handy to have a guy who can stay back and provide covering fire or throw grenades.
- Regarding your lightsaber, you'll find the components to build one on whichever planet you decide to visit first, so don't worry about missing out on it.

Probottt
Dec 15, 2013

Sayara posted:

Just started KotOR 2 and wondered if there's anything I should know before I get far into it.

http://www.beforeiplay.com/index.php?title=Star_Wars:_Knights_of_the_Old_Republic_2

Probottt
Dec 15, 2013

The White Dragon posted:

- You have two health meters: your Endurance, which is the amount of damage you can take in a single encounter before fainting; and Health, which is your overall HP. If that runs out, that character dies permanently. No revives, no takebacks, I don't care if you're playing on Hardcore Mode or Easy Difficulty.

I played on Normal, Non-Expert mode, and this wasn't the case. When a character loses all endurance, they're knocked unconscious. When they lose all health it'll still act as though they were knocked unconscious, but when they get back up after combat, they'll have exactly one hit point and be afflicted with the "maimed" status. If they lose all of their health again during another combat round, then they'll die permanently. This all resets if you rest, though.

Probottt
Dec 15, 2013
Any tips for Breath of Fire III?

Probottt
Dec 15, 2013
Anyone have any tips for King of Dragon Pass? I found the tutorial for the game pretty good but was wondering if there was anything else I needed to know before really getting into the game.

Probottt
Dec 15, 2013

The Leck posted:

I picked up Dark Souls 2 a while back, and I'm finally going to play it. I played the first one, so I have a decent idea what I'm getting into, but are there any big must-avoid pitfalls with character creation or other things that could screw me 50 hours later?

In my experience, a pure sorcerer build is hard to do, since a hexer or spellsword ultimately does better in the long run. Pyromancy now scales on both INT and FTH rather than just the level of your pyromancy flame if you decide to go that route. Otherwise, pretty much any build is viable, including the dual-wield powerstance builds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probottt
Dec 15, 2013
Anything I should know before I play Pathologic? The Wiki is pretty sparse and I was wondering if there was anything else I needed to know before jumping in.