Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Anything for Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise for the Sony Playstation 4 home video game console?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Omi no Kami posted:

will it eventually have Zero Time Dilemma's scene flowchart (do whatever, save whenever, the game helps you see the whole story)

Yes

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

CaptainRat posted:

What's the enemy design like in Enderal? Spiders are a hard no for me which is why I always roll with the mod that turns them into bears in Skyrim but if Enderal uses them with no easy way to replace them I'd rather know now rather than mid-way through.

IMO a giant poisonous bear dropping from the ceiling in a webbed-up cave would be even more terrifying.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Shadow225 posted:

I am going to play Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past for the first time. Anything I should know to save time/not be an idiot?

Head for the first major dungeon as soon as you can (I assume you're playing somewhat blind, so just follow the guidance the game gives you). You'll get a movement "upgrade" on the way that is a game-changer. You can then tackle the dungeon or just explore or whatever.

Edit I'm wrong, you have to clear the dungeon first before you get the movement upgrade

Wrex Ruckus fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jul 16, 2019

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Breath of Fire (1)

-Shops throughout the game can vary in prices, even among other shops in the same town. For example, the item shop in the first town sells their wares at a 10% discount from normal prices, while the equipment shop has standard prices. The same also applies to items you sell back-- the discount shops will give you less money for items you sell to them.

-The first item shop sells Mrbl3's, an item that temporarily disables random encounters. They're extremely cheap, but they don't last very long unfortunately.

-There are some items and equipment that can be used from the item menu in battle to invoke a spell effect without consuming the item. The first one of these you'll get after beating the second boss is the E Key, which will deal a guaranteed 30 damage to all enemies when used in battle. This is easily the best source of damage for that point in the game, and will serve you well for the next few dungeons and bosses.

-Almost all bosses in the game have a "second wind" phase that occurs after you empty their health bar. You'll see a message like "[Boss] grinned fearlessly" and they'll have a predetermined invisible amount of HP remaining-- occasionally even more than their initial health bar. Certain bosses like to spam their more dangerous attacks during this phase.

-If you die, you will be sent back to the last save point you used with full HP/AP and all of your current stats and equipment, but you'll lose 1/4 of the gold you were holding.

-Some equipment has hidden effects that the game won't tell you. For example, in a relatively early dungeon you'll find a helmet called the WolfHT. It seems pretty innocuous when you examine its stats, however, you'll receive 2x damage while wearing it.

-If you cast a healing spell in battle, it will automatically occur at the start of the turn, regardless of that that character's ACT stat/turn order. This does not apply to healing items

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Anything for Final Fantasy Adventure? The Mana Collection version if it matters.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Mierenneuker posted:

- Always bring a steady supply of keys and mattocks when you go into a dungeon.
- Ran out of them and now stuck in a dungeon? Skeletons and slimes with a face can potentially drop keys and mattocks respectively. Look for a room where those spawn and be sure to kill them last (so a chest won't drop for a different creature).
- The Morning Star weapon can also destroy walls, so you no longer need mattocks at that point. You'll get it in the dungeon that keeps looping if you take the wrong door. You can instantly fight the boss in that dungeon, but you'll need to find the Morning Star to actually defeat him.
- To find the entrance to Medusa Cave in the desert you need to walk a figure 8 around two palm trees. Infinity symbol. Two connected circles. The palm trees you need are in a screen with a pond of water and no enemies.
- The boss at Dime Tower is the point of no return. Have at least 5 sets of keys on you before you start that fight.

Cool, thanks!

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

here are some tips for another SMT game:

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (3DS)

Item Getter posted:

By Devil Summoner on 3DS are you talking about Soul Hackers? It has been a few years since I played it but so details are a bit fuzzy.

It's on the easy side as far as SMT games go, but being a port of an older game there are some weird cumbersome game mechanics in it.

Firstly like all SMT games you should always be recruting new demons and fusing them instead of trying to stick with the same ones for a long time. In particular it's an older SMT game so your demons will not level up and learn new skills.

Until your demons reach max loyalty you have to pay attention to their personality when giving them commands. Giving them commands they like will make them happier (raise loyalty) and on the flipside sometimes demons will ignore your commands if they don't like them. Stolen from GameFAQs:

Wild - Physical attacks

Sly - Magic attacks

Kind - Healing magic and guarding

Calm - Whatever move makes sense given the circumstances

Dumb - "GO" instead of directly commanding

Also when you are asked a question about Hitomi's personality in the beginning of the game, depending on your answer the set of spells that Nemissa will learn will be different.

Also if you need money you can exchange some of your Magnetite for money at Somatic Energy Institute. Not all of it because your demons consume magnetite every step while they are summoned, but mostly you will have some excess left over that you can sell.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

The child character talks in the worst case of uwu speak I've ever seen, do not select her unless you are somehow ok with this.

I've only played the original but do any of the other characters get access to healing magic before the class changes?

And is the ghost boss still a pain in the rear end?

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

sebmojo posted:

Ace combat 7? I'm loving this dumb game, some tips would be good though I'm playing on easy

when a mission says there will only be ground targets, it's usually a lie.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Hwurmp posted:

What should I know before I read this thread for the first time?

Wolves hunt in packs.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Suikoden II

Most of the war battles are scripted. If winning seems impossible, it probably is and you should instead focus on keeping your units alive until enough turns pass.

The default unit assignments for the war battles aren't that great so feel free to talk to Apple to change them to your liking. For example, having two characters with the cavalry ability in the same unit is redundant since you only need one cavalry character per unit to get the extra movement. However, putting a cavalry and a flying character in the same unit will stack to grant 3 movement

Most of the stars of destiny can be recruited anytime but there are a few exceptions:
-Gilbert can only be recruited during a war battle in Muse. You'll need to inflict damage on his unit and then let him talk to one of your allies on the following turn.
-Outside of a glitch exploit, Futch and Humphrey can only be recruited at the highway village during the first visit to the Matilda region.
-When you recruit Badeaux he will give you two listening stones. You can use them to recruit two out of four possible monster allies, but for some reason the red octopus will not count as a star of destiny.
-You will need a listening stone to recruit Ayda at the forest village. After defeating the griffins you'll need to use a stone to recruit her and Feather, or she'll leave forever. If you don't want Feather you can lose the battle and then talk to Ayda at the north end of the village to recruit her.
-After the conclusion of the events in Tinto, Jess will talk to you. Accept his apology to recruit him, otherwise he'll leave forever. It's the first dialog option so you don't need to worry about advancing the text too quickly.

If you want the true ending, the last chance to do any recruiting is after defeating a skeletal dragon boss and before you deploy on your next mission.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Shin Megami Tensei V?

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

* The most important part of the battle system is managing elemental affinities and getting more press turns, pay attention to enemy weaknesses.
* At the beginning of the game recruiting demons is your main source of new demons, but as you go you want to focus more on demon fusion than recruiting. It's normal to keep replacing demons all throughout the game as they stop learning new skills on levelup, don't feel attached to any one of them.
* There is an alignment route lock, but it's very late in the game, impossible to miss, and you don't miss out on any story differences if you answer "incorrectly" earlier in the game, so just go with your gut on choices unless you really care about some mediocre bonus upgrades at the very end of the game.
* Items are very useful, especially Dampeners, don't hoard them.
* Don't hoard Essences either - with the exception of the Proto-fiend ones, you can fairly easily get more if you need to (and you can still get new Proto-fiend Essences, they're just rare).
* Your main character can be built kind of however you like, but there are some incredibly powerful Strength-based abilities available to him later in the game so if you want to maximize damage that's probably the stat to spend on.
* You can always go back to earlier parts of the game (with one small exception), so don't worry about missing things.

thanks!

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

It does warn you about that when you start a new game, yes. Fire Emblem 3H does the same thing. I could see the reasoning if there are unlocks for completing the game on hard, but if not then who cares.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

anything for F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch?

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

doctorfrog posted:

In Hypnospace Outlaw, can I ignore or refuse to complete the missions and still progress through the game? For example, I've been tasked with taking down software that the parent company doesn't like, and it's being hosted by the company's employee. Frankly, I like the idea of a company employee going against company policy and I'd rather he not get found out.

I'm ok just playing the game straight at this point (as an America Online cop), but if it's designed to accept nuanced or 'rebellious' play, I'd rather do that.

iirc you have to report at least a few of those to progress to the next part

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name

Unless you're desperate for cash, hold off on using the gambling cheat items until you reach platinum rank in the coliseum. You'll get access then to a couple new areas that let you play the highest stakes versions of those games.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

I still have yet to play Elden Ring for the first time, so it was a good tip.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

I try to link to the wiki in other threads when I can and people tend to be pleasantly surprised that such a thing exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Ainsley McTree posted:

speaking of asking for things to know before you play a game for the first time, anything good for Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth? I've played Like A Dragon (Yakuza 7 (Yakuza: Like a Dragon))

just a few things off the top of my head:

Jobs

-Chapter 5 is when you can start switching jobs.
-Have your characters quickly swap to all their unlocked jobs in the changing room, even if you're not sure you'll use them. Doing this unlocks the 4 starter skills for those jobs without having to use them in a battle.

Sujimon

-Every time you beat a "gym", there will be a committee agent standing near the entrance. Talk to him to get a free set of 10 agents for fusing.

Dodonko Island

-You get a good amount of money for the midgame every time you rank up, but by late game you tend to earn more money from fights and the bonus dungeons. Something to keep in mind if the island stuff doesn't appeal to you.