Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daedo
May 5, 2002

flatluigi posted:

Should I do the Fable 2 DLC after the main story or am I fine doing it whenever?

The way the DLC content works is that it unlocks more as you are playing through the game. When you first reach bowerstone you can only do the first part of the quests until you further the story. So you can do them as they become available during the story, or wait and do them all after finishing the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daedo
May 5, 2002
I've just downloaded Dungeon Keeper from gog.com and haven't played it since it came out and I was 12. Anything I should know to make it as fun as I remember it being?

Daedo
May 5, 2002
Keeping on the Dragon Age subject, I got the Ultimate Edition dirt cheap and have finally decided to dive in. I played it years ago on the PS3 but got my rear end kicked pretty much all the time after Ostagar. How should I be playing this so that doesn't happen again?

Daedo
May 5, 2002

Father Wendigo posted:

I'm about to dive into Fable 3, and I remember people griping about missing the opportunity VERY early in the game to purchase some land that is only available for a short window of time; it may or may not tie into the happy end for the game, I'm not really sure.

Could someone elucidate for me, or do I need to be more specific?

Im not sure but i think you might be getting confused with Fable 2? There is a point where a man wants to borrow money from you in Westcliff for a development opportunity. You need to give him this money before leaving for the spire to have a new town be established.

Daedo
May 5, 2002

Ainsley McTree posted:

It was mentioned elsewhere in the thread, or maybe even on the wiki, but the ones that give you extra salvage/xp points for kills/chests are worth taking early on, since the earlier you take them, the more cumulative points you're going to get from them.

I would advise not wasting a point on the one that lets you collect salvage from killing animals. The early game tutorial makes it sound like hunting animals is going to be a big part of gameplay, but it's really just teaching you how to shoot the bow, the only way the "salvage from animals" perk is worthwhile is if you go out of your way to kill and collect from animals. It's not particularly fun or rewarding in my opinion, I'd give that one a miss (instead of picking it as your first one like I did).

As someone who's playing thru Tomb Raider right now I can back up the worthlessness of the salvage from animals skill. There's a few wolves at the start as enemies but after that the whole hunting thing seems to be forgotten about and it's human enemies (mostly) all the way.

Arrow retrieval might seem a bit useless as there is an abundance of arrows everywhere but it ties into a tier 2 skill which nets you extra ammo for looting corpses.

Orienteering was quite useful as using survival instinct reveals nearby relics/documents etc on your map long before finding the treasure maps. Completing the relic sets nets you a good chunk of xp towards another upgrade too.

Always be looting corpses and ammo caches as they randomly contain weapon parts to upgrade your weapons, and you can't develop them further until you find enough parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daedo
May 5, 2002
For the guy asking about Deadpool, here's something that was posted on the last page.

J.A.B.C. posted:

Since I saw nothing for Deadpool here, I decided to make a few:

1) If you're looking for an introduction to the character, the setting or the general writing style, this probably won't be for you. For a good primer, look up 'Wade Wilson's War' or 'Deadpool Classic' trades to get used to the character. If you like him, dive right in. If not, save the cash.

2) Learn how to mix your playstyle. Don't stick exclusively with guns or melee, as the game usually forces scenarios onto you demanding one or the other. Melee exclusives will get shredded by cover fire that keeps them from regenerating and shooters will be flanked constantly, which keeps you from shooting. So mix it up.

3) Only get enough kills with the sai to unlock it's expanded move set. Don't boost the damage. The game's combo system works on how many hits you get and how many kills you get, with a certain number of points attributed to each type of enemy per kill. The Hammers give a bonus +50% to kill points when upgraded, while the other weapons only give +20% at max. So, for large combo gains, max out your hammers, thin out the enemies until one or two remain, then use the sai to rack up a large combo (x150 is fairly easy to achieve) for extra points. If you max out your sai, then it kills off the enemies before your combo can build.

4) In this regard, treat the SMG the same as the sai. Never boost its attack power. You can boost its other attributes, but keep the damage low to rack up combo points, then use another weapon for the kill for more kill points.

5) When given the prompt 'Press A to 'Who the f**K is Cable?!'', you had better press A

6) Your teleport on default sends you in the direction you are facing, but it can be aimed by using the left stick to a point relative to the camera (So if Deadpool is facing left, and you press up+b, he will warp to his right, which is up on your screen), even in the middle of a combo. So if you are fighting an enemy with a long straight attack, a wide area attack or if you want to warp into a crowd before using one of your momentum attacks, the teleport is great. It also has a half second of total invulnerability, which helps out with enemies with powerful attacks.

I've played through the game a couple of days ago and all this advice is pretty sound. The only thing I will say is that after boosting your combo meter with the sais, you're better using your original swords to finish them off as they have an upgrade that will give you a 100% boost to FTP points given. You'll be swimming in upgrades in no time.

Daedo fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Aug 11, 2013