Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

About to start Dead Island from gamefly, tips? I am pissed that it doesn't have local coop that's the whole reason I got it, but oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

For Dead Island what is the best way to deal with Thugs? I can't seem to dodge them very effectively.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Any advice for Tropico 4 or Port Royale 3 (spesificly are there any solid trade routes that are better than others?)

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Thanks for the Tropico 4 tips, what about Port Royale 3? I really want to know what the best trade route to print money is so I can focus on the fun stuff.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Also picked up Anno 2070 from the steam sale. Seems really fun so far. What ought I to know?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Anything for S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Call of Pipyrat? I played SoC before but that was ages ago. So far I am trying to loot everything and this is resulting in me running back a lot.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I might regret asking this, but anything I should know for Farming Simulator 2013?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

It is a really fun game though.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

For Tomb Raider. Always try being stealthy. Even if you only stealth kill 2 or 3 guys, then when poo poo goes loud you are dealing with a group with a few less bad guys.

Don't play it like a standard cover shooter, you're a lot better moving and shooting, and switching it up as often as you can. If you sit in one spot and just pop out to shoot at guys you'll get set on fire a lot.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Anything for Shogun 2? I played some single player and did ok. Then I jumped into coop and within 10 turns, Everyone is at war with me. Last turn we survived I had a full army (still just the two basic units, no time to get anything else) in my base, plus my allies full army and we had 4 full stack armies from different clans attack us. Why is the coop so drat hard? Any strats?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

poptart_fairy posted:

Me and a friend are planning to get into Anno 2077 alongside one another. Is there anything important to keep in mind?

If you want to optimize everything (which can be fun but rather spergy) find a calculator online (http://odegroot.nl/anno2070/calculator.html) and input what you have, or what your goal is, and it'll poo poo out exactly how many farms and tea factories and meat plants that you need.

That said, that can take some fun out of it, but it's really the only way to get to the "endgame".

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

The way I look at anno, if you want to chill and relax then just play and not worry about min/maxing. If you are going for a monument or optimal placement, then cheat as much as possible within the confines of the game.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

I'm starting ACIV: Black Flag tomorrow. Can someone tell me what I need to know or should keep in mind? (And can someone add that page to the wiki so I can easily go back and peep it!)

The story gets kinda tedious now and then, so when you get bored, just sail the high seas and pirate poo poo. It's a lot of fun to mix it up with a bunch of ships and don't feel like you ever HAVE to do anything.

That said, there's a set of quests to unlock two bits of armor which are both pretty good.

-If you do all the major assassin missions (the assassin symbols, not the skulls) you get armor at your manor that is 25% damage reduction
-If you collect all the mayan stele's (which isn't as hard as you think), you get armor that basically ignores being shot at which can be super useful.
-When you can, always go after a shanty, they're great and add to the experience. On the same note, don't feel like you have to get every animus shard unless you're a masochist because some of them are dumb.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Any tips for GameDev Tycoon?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Any tips for Blackguards? It seems like half the time I hit, the monster recoils, but no damage is done and the combat log says "hit". I'm at the first town and in the Crypt, where it looks like I have to fight 2 back to back fights and the second one my guys are out of mana and half dead.

I also don't recall a tutorial explaining what the slider under all the weapon talents means.

Elendil004 fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jan 31, 2014

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

PerilPastry posted:

Any useful tips for Wargame: European Escalation? I'm sort of having a tough time adjusting to this brand of strategy.

There's also a huge thread full of strategy, most of which applies to WEE and ALB

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3568981

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

boatiemathmo posted:

I've just picked up Banished as it was going cheap. Any hints would be useful, it's a little tough to work out how to balance things at the moment.

The thread, like second post, has some useful stuff.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Any tips for going through Lego Star Wars and trying to get all the stuff unlocked?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I know it's space minecraft, but anything for space engineers?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Picked up Sunless Sea, any tips, especially on managing Terror?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Anything for This War of Mine?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Anything for Prey? I just got to the lobby and am already paralyzed by choice.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Anything for Heat Signature?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Vidaeus posted:

Anything for Steamworld Dig 2?

Take a good look at the upgrades, there's one that lets you fire in mid jump which lets you get past a lot.

Don't be afraid to make two passes through an area, once to b line to the next tube station and once or twice more for money.

There are two types of flying explodey guys, push them away with your chain shot

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Anything for Portal Knights? Seems pretty straightforward.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Anything for the Spiderman: Remastered? Seems like a pretty simple ubisoft open world type game but you never know.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Anything for Disney Dreamlight Valley? Asking for obviously a friend or a child or something and not for me so please keep the advice simple.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Anything big for Potion Pemit? Mainly stuff like oh make sure you plant blueberries on the 7th or else you wont have them for Mayor Snufflepuff's big day or something.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Having never played any of them, anything for Persona 5 Royale?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

For Dying Light 2, I just got to the part where I can coop, and me and my friend have noticed that enemies are way spongier now. Inthe tutorial and stuff I was killing with 3-5 hits, now its like 10 hits. Is that some arbitrary multiplayer for multiplayer? Should I just dump it to Easy?

Can you ever repair weapons?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

ahobday posted:

I've upgraded the version of MediaWiki used to run the wiki. If you notice anything weird, please let me know.

Yeah sometimes when I drink a lot of water really fast my throat gets really cold.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

ahobday posted:

I've edited my previous post so that these sorts of grammatical sneak attacks are impossible.

You should have known that before you started playing with the wiki for the first time.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Anything for Greedfall?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Anything for Triangle Strategy? Got it on sale today.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Lord Lambeth posted:

I really want to get into Hunt: Showdown. Do you folks have any tips and tricks to make me a better player?

There's a thread, and a discord, join us!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3952199&pagenumber=60#lastpost

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I saw a couple old tips for Spider Man: Miles Morales, but now that I'm playing it on the PC, anything to worry about? First game couldn't really miss anything or lock out of anything so I am guessing no.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Marvel's Avengers - The Definitive Edition is on sale for 4 bucks before they end support and de-list it (lol). I wanted to play coop but seems like the entire first 12 hour campaign is solo? What should I do to play with my friends? any other poo poo?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Vadun posted:

There's a plethora of missions/mission types that are built around co-op. Just select a different tab from the "War-table" or whatever its called, and go to town. There is one endgame challenge raid that's designed (and only doable) for solo play, but everything else is multiplayer

I am doing the Reassembled campaign right now which I thought was a prologue but I guess its 12 hours long? Should I just dip out and go to the other game mode? The main menu is confusing as hell.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Lastly, don't play this game, it loving sucks and will make you miserable.

Seriously good advice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Anything for Subterrain: Mines of Titan?