Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Abugadu posted:

Going for some new games and some old games, any tips for:

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Save points are usually pretty close to where boss rooms are. Save often and prepare to run into a boss without saving for a long time once or twice. If this happens, I just suggest you hit up a walkthrough for the boss as to not lose a poo poo ton of progress. It's really annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just got Assassin's Creed and Ninja Gaiden 2 on clearance at Gamestop. Been a while since encountering the former, and I played NG1, but anything I should know going in?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Thanks. Anybody got info on Ninja Gaiden 2 that might make it less apt to send a controller through my Xbox?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

HondaCivet posted:

I've been wanting to try some of the old Final Fantasies so I picked up Final Fantasy IV DS. Apparently this is not a good thing for someone like me because it is apparently hard as balls and I am not experienced at old-school RPGs. Any general advice for not sucking as much?

Walkthrough.

I played through a chunk of it, and it is harder than the US version, but not impossible.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

About to play through Chrono Trigger for the third time. What should I do/who should I use to get the most out of this run through? Any awesome missable ult weapons?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Thanks guys.

Dialogue is hard to read on the DS version :( .

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I have a 3DS. Where should I start with Dragon Quest games?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Lets gently caress Bro posted:

All the DQ games are extremely traditional turn-based JRPGs. Each one has a little gimmick in its gameplay system to differentiate itself from the others, so decide which sounds the most appealing. If you can't make any decisions for yourself then just play DQ5.

DQ4: You get a predefined party of characters with their own strengths and weaknesses. Before you use them in a party, you do a chapter with them solo to introduce them. It's a pretty interesting narrative mechanic for such a staid series.

DQ5: The main character grows from a child to an adult over the course of the game, and his children even become playable characters. You can collect and train wild monsters as extra party members, it's like Pokemon lite. This game has a very strong story and most people consider it the best of the DS DQs.

DQ6: You get a predefined party of characters, but this game has a job system. You will spend a lot of time training up your jobs to learn new skills and unlock new classes. The world map has a sort of Zelda light/dark world theme to it.

DQ9: You create your own characters from the ground up, and like DQ6 there is a job system. No random battles, monsters appear on the map like Chrono Trigger. The game is actually somewhat designed to be played multiplayer.

Cool, thanks. I may try out 9 first since it's the most recent, or is there a more accessible one available since I have no experience?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Anything on Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 2 and Heavy Rain?

Also, what's the link to the wiki?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Thanks man. I checked the OP and Google but couldn't find it.