Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Buff Butler posted:

Civ 4:

Don't buy Warlords. The only thing it adds is a collection of scenarios, none of which are particularly interesting. Beyond the Sword has all of the good content from Warlords, plus some other cool new stuff. Even if you like spending money, Warlords adds literally nothing to the meat of the game, which is the randomly generated maps.

As far as what you should know while playing the game? Axemen and cottages.

More Civ 4:

-Place new cities next to food resources or flood plains
-Specialize your cities for production/commerce/gp farm/etc
-Try to obtain or build 8-10 cities by 1 AD, beeline currency and code of laws to maintain them
-Don't declare until you have roughly 3 axemen for every 1 enemy archer.
-Use at least one city as a dedicated unit pump and don't ever stop building units unless you are building something to assist production.
-Don't bother founding a religion or building 90% of wonders, just capture the cities that own them.

This alone should be enough to beat up to and including prince

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Anything I should keep in mind with regards to carrying over a save in Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga? About 6 hours into DDS1 and I'd like to know how I might be affecting DDS2 when I get around to it.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Any tips for Metal Gear Rising? I can't beat VR mission 1 quicker than 1:20 for the life of me. That Gekko always holds me up and I can never understand why I sometimes I have to sit there chopping at it forever while other times the special attack QTE comes up and I can cut it down in no time.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

owl_pellet posted:

I'm playing The Witcher 3. I just finished White Orchard and I have a couple of questions:

Is alcohol used to replenish potions and bombs when meditating or just potions?

Can I pretty much get away with selling most junk items rather than breaking them down into crafting components? Breaking items down costs money, so I would rather scavenge what I need if possible.

Can you keep playing after the main quest is over? Normally I am a completionist but I am going to do my best to avoid those tendencies based on multiple sources of advice in an attempt to stave off burnout. My plan is to more or less rush the main quest while doing side quests here and there that sound particularly cool, then go back through old areas and play my fill after the main quest is over. Is that a viable plan?

I wish I'd done this my first playthrough. Doing a lot of side quests is going to start to burn you out and make you OP. Being overpowered is fine except for the fact that there's a lot of filler bullshit within the main quest line itself for some reason. It felt like every time I was near something cool happening my walking death machine was forced to find and talk to 3-5 more people to advance the main quest and it turned the game into a fast travel simulator. The pacing is just bad and burning yourself out on side quests is going to make it worse.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

For BOTW I sure wish I knew how many important things happened next to roads. In a game like this it's tempting to scale cliffs and glide everywhere but then you miss important things like all of the drat stables. I would grab a horse and just auto run through the roads at least once in each area.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

I played witcher 3 by turning off the question marks on the mini map and it made for a much better experience imo

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

2 is an objectively great game, like all souls games, and is only considered bad in relation to the other excellent games in the series.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

What are systems that can be safely ignored or deprioritized in XBC2? There are like 10 systems working in concert and I'm not sure how much attention I need to give to accessories and pouch items and poo poo.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

tensai posted:

The Division 2 is kicking my rear end solo. I solo'd the whole campaign of 1 without issue. In this, enemies are super loving aggressive and have pinpoint grenade accuracy. Any solo help?

Use an assault rifle and do the dept of justice side mission to get an extended mag reward. That paired with turret and reviver hive has made things a lot more tolerable for me. I was dying 10x a mission before that doing them solo

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Tylana posted:

Haven't got round to playing it yet, but does USING the fast travel cost Blood Crystals too? And are they theoretically limited do you know?

Using does cost blood crystals but they are everywhere. I never had to seek them out or got stuck. That said it is better to save them and unlock at least one in each zone rather than like 5 or 6 in citizen apartments or whatever. That was a waste of crystals for me.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Breadnought posted:

Anything for 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim?

Sentry guns are stupidly overpowered

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Anything for Dex? Specifically the early levels before getting augmentations. This game is hard as gently caress and I can’t progress on any of like 10 open quests because I get insta destroyed in combat and hacking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

One for ori and the will of the wisps:

projectiles go the opposite direction of your bash arrow and open the walls with purple cracks and I wasted hours trying to figure out where to go next because I missed this detail when first acquiring the ability