Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Any critical mods or patches for Crysis? I just got a computer capable of making it look amazing and want to try it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Gonna play through Fallout 1 and Arcanum for the first time, what should I know about mods and poo poo that are pretty much required for these games?

I've played FO2 so I don't really need any tips for character creation/how the game works, but that kind of information would be helpful for Arcanum.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
I want to play the Mass Effect games before the 3rd one comes out and I'm wondering what do I want to get them on? PC or PS3?

Obviously there isn't a choice on the first game but are these games something that really need mods or what? I know that I was really happy about getting Fallout on PC instead of console but maybe the open world-ness lent those games to being more mod friendly.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
About the play the uncharted games starting with 1. I've heard the difficulty level just makes guns do more damage even vs enemies and I should play with it turned up so the bad dudes are not bullet sponges. Is this true? Should I start on Hard? or is there a higher difficulty I should be on?

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Playing Mass Effect for the first time, anything I should look out for in particular?

The auto level up for Ashley always wants to put points into pistol, is there any reasons to put poo poo into pistol if you can also use assault rifles?

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
I'm a few hours into Mass Effect and I am realizing soldier is kind of dull, is there a save game editor so I can swap to vangaurd or something? I can only find editors for the second game.

Also can I buy more grenades or only find them? I wouldn't mind being a soldier if I can use them a bunch because they are fun as poo poo.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Artix74 posted:

- For the love of god, get the Orange Soapstone (or whatever it's called) from the first merchant, because without it you can't write messages or rate them. And writing messages (whether to be helpful or troll newbies) is one of the best parts of the online. Also, rating messages positively will make them stay around longer, which is good for the ones that are actually helpful.

Which merchant is the first you are talking about? I've been playing a while and I never ran into anyone selling it. I've seen the blacksmith in the jail when you go down to lando, the fat priest right at the start, and the creepy old zombie guy who is inside of the burg level.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Mayor McCheese posted:

Any tips for Dead Island? I was unable to find a page up on the wiki for it.

Play it with a friend or 2, makes the game much more fun. If you are on PC make sure you use the hack that lets you use the directional(analog) attack direction.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3436011

PC thread has a bunch of stuff for mods and all that. If you are playing with more than 1 other person I recommend getting Director's Cut (challenge/co-op mode)mod by t-nutz.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Gonna start on Mass Effect 3 here soon, anything I need to know about it? I've played through the other ones so I assume nothing to crazy has changed.

Prior 2 games I played as a vangaurd, this time I'm thinking about switching to solider. I've played a little of the mutli and it seems like the gunplay has really come a long way(ME1 as a solider was boring as gently caress). Any thoughts on classes you want to throw out?

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jul 9, 2012

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Just started up Mass Effect 3 and imported my Shepard who was high renegade from the 2nd game yet I have no scars? Do the terminator scars not carry over?

Kind of a bummer because they looked cool as gently caress.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Metro 2033

Played around with the opening bit on a few different difficulties and I think I'm going to play the game on Ranger Hardmode which says it disables hints and stuff. I just want to know if I will miss anything critical to how the game works by having my first play through with hints and HUD disabled. Most single player shooters are easy as poo poo but if it gets crazy frustratingly hard down the road I guess let me know that too(but I think you can change difficulty mid game).

Also if you want to drop me any tips or info in general that would be cool too.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
This is going to sound like a next level stupid question: How do I grab and hold poo poo in Surgeon Simulator?

I understand that spacebar + awsd keys close specific fingers but am I supposed to continue to hold them all down? When I watch videos of people playing it looks like objects 'stick' to the hand.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Picked up Alpha Protocol on steam for $3, always heard it's an interesting game.

All I remember people suggesting is that you spec pistols/stealth because it lets you breeze through the lovely combat. Anything else? Mods to download?

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Will do, thanks guys.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Getting into Assasians Creed 4 Black Flag on ps4, I'm about 3 hours in when the game starts to really open up. I've never really played any of the creed games. I don't care about missing out on any overworld story, just in it for the pirate stuff.

Any tips to make for a better experience? I've already turned off the minimap because I was 100% watching that. I plan on skipping the personal hp upgrades to help increase difficultly because I've played a lot of arkam style combat.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Rebel Galaxy on ps4, going in pretty blind. Heard its kind of similar to black flag boat but in space.

Anything in particular I should know about?

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Anything for Mad Max?

I'm considering picking it up on PS4 unless performance is poo poo (then I would get on pc, cost is the same).

The open world-ness and combat reminds of Shadow of Mordor which I really enjoyed playing with the goon tips to avoid buying too many hp and other upgrades which made the game hella easy. Any tips like that for Mad Max?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Kenny Logins posted:

Anything for For Honor? It's the free weekend this weekend.

Its really a fighting game not a 3rd person brawler/action game. When you start you may want to avoid the 4v4 modes because getting gang banged can be very frustrating for new players. In 1v1s try to learn why you lose, there is always a reason. It's a game where if you can learn from matches where you lose spectacularly you can improve and enjoy it. If you are not able to learn why you got owned and just rage out instead it won't be very enjoyable, because there absolutely will be times where you run into players that trounce you very badly to the point of being totally blown away. That said it's pretty awesome to watch anyone 1v3 and wipe the floor for a huge comeback (be it teammate or enemy), even more so when it's yourself who pulls off the 1v3.

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Aug 11, 2017