Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opera Bitch
Sep 28, 2004

Let me lull you to sleep with my sweet song!

I'm just getting back into gaming now that I have a full time job, and can justify spending some time each week relaxing by playing video games. I guess I am looking for general recommendations based on my tastes... if it is ok to ask for them in this thread. I only ever play one at a time from start to completion, so I hate getting a game only to find it isn't my thing. So far some of the games I have enjoyed the most as the Dragon Age games, Bayonetta, Bioshock games, LA Noire, Alan Wake, The Walking Dead, RE series. I don't really deviate from action adventure, RPGs, and horror games. I'm not a melee or FPS player.

I'm considering Mass Effect right now, but wonder if it is worth investing time in all three games based on all the freaking out I heard over the last one, plus I don't know how in tune it is with my style of gaming. I tried Dead Space, and being my first time playing a game like that I found it difficult even on the easiest setting and stopped after a few hours and sold the game. I wonder if I might like it more now that I have broadened the types I play. Any other games I might like?

Edit: I've never played the Silent Hill series, and despite the issues people have with the HD collection is that a good way to go to try it out?

Opera Bitch fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Feb 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU