Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Mass Effect
Get Rich quick. No, really, get the "Rich" achievement as soon as possible, don't save anything as far as gear or drops, just sell it all, and sell it all to the doctor on the Citadel for max profit. There are exploits for infinite money, you don't have to use them, but the game is criminally easy as soon as you can get your hands on Spectre gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Mattslox posted:

Twin Peaks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_peaks) is pretty much the real life equivalent of Address Unknown.

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
-You don't need to buy a spell to be able to use it.
-A lot of the spells aren't very useful, but Tetra Spirits will let you breeze through most boss battles and some of the tougher regular enemies (giant floating swords, hammer and blade, etc.).
Pretty sure you mean "Soul Steal" (R-DR-D-DL-L-R+Attack)

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

It's been about two hours now playing Midnight Club: LA, and (having played the poo poo out of Need for Speed: Underground), I need to know two things:

1) How the gently caress do you get away from cops, especially at low levels/with lovely cars? They stay right on you and there's no way to get away from them.

2) Car damage carries over from race to race? Seriously? I cannot find the "quick fix" button anywhere (do I need to go to a gas station?) and anyway I need to know how much it costs to repair a busted car, and at what point, damage-wise, should I quick-travel to the garage?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

I'm starting TimeShift tonight. Any pointers on how to make the first few stages as painless as possible?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

A brief aside: The character's helmet has some sort of flux capacitor design going on, so when I showed him the game box, he squinted and asked, "TimeShitty?", since there's a bit to the right of the last 't' that looks like a 'y' and the 'f' blended in with the helmet.

After playing for an hour or so, can't say I really disagree with his assessment. :v:

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Ok just started Monster Hunter X (steam) and have a pretty game-breaking issie where it only re pgnozes a controller while running in big picture mode, but the "screenshot taken" toast will not disappear unless you exit bpm, which disables the controller. Help?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

I bought it 7 years ago, and it's 11 years old now, but I'm finally playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl. I remember firing it up after getting it, having heard four straight years of "omg best thing since Fallout" only to die to the first enemy after leaving the opening camp. Is the Before I Play wiki up to date? And are there any QOL mods to make this 2007 game feel a little more modern?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Cardiovorax posted:

It could be better formatted, but the information is good, on the whole. QoL mods will be hard to get because this is one of those "all or nothing" engines. What you can get will mostly be major collections, with wide and sweeping changes and often towards the direction of making things even harder. It might be best to just play it as-is first.
Any reason to play SoC first, or is it like Fallout where the games aren't connected? Reading a little more in this thread, it seems it has the sort of infuriating, "Alt-F4 and snap-uninstall" save-ruining bugs that turned me off of PC gaming for decades.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Is Diablo IV good enough to go back on my personal boycott of ActiBlizz for their horrific worker abuses and quietly purchase and install it?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

ok thank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

If you're asking this question at all, you're clearly going to do it anyway.
There's no ethical consumption under capitalism, but it's a lot easier to keep up a personal boycott if the product you're boycotting is also bad in addition to abusive. FWIW, I haven't (and probably won't) purchased D4, but I am curious if it's any good.