Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mug
Apr 26, 2005

voltron lion force posted:

I now have Silent Hill 2, 3 and 4. I've never played a Silent Hill game except for a little bit of 2 that I don't even remember. They're all PC versions and I'm pretty sure I know how to do all the patching and everything but tips are appreciated. Also anything I should know about the actual games is good too.

Play Silent Hill 2 completely blind and ignore whatever the other poster said about getting the best ending. There's no best ending, just best game.

Silent Hill 4 on PC is pretty bad, cutscenes are locked at like 15fps. There's no patch for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mug
Apr 26, 2005

Derek Dominoe posted:

I finally installed the Oddworld pack I bought awhile back, and started Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee. I grew up in the age of unforgiving console platformers, but I'm finding this game brutal. Part of it is the fact that every death has a slow (by today's standards) respawn. I can almost always figure out the solution to a screen, but I find the controls so unresponsive that I can rarely pull it off. I'm only on the second level. Does this get any better? Am I hamstringing myself by playing with a keyboard? Are the sequels very different? (Obviously Stranger's Wrath is, but I mean Exodus and Munch.)

Keyboard isn't too bad. You can really dial-in-ahead your keystrokes. You don't need to react quickly, just do it all really early and Abe will usually get what you're trying to say.

Mug
Apr 26, 2005

Xander77 posted:

Hotline: Miami

General what I should know stuff, and a specific question:

Am I supposed to be getting a lot of interference, the screen flickering and stuff as a part of the game's ambiance, or is that something about my graphic settings?

I'd say it's behaving as intended, there's constant psychedelic stuff on-screen throughout the whole game.