Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I haven't seen it yet but does anyone have any tips for two games, one is one I have but haven't gotten around to playing; Alpha Protocol and the other one I just rented off gamefly LA Noire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
For the two posters above, thank you for the Alpha Protocol advice. Especially the guy that said that the first act is really weak, because if you are talking about Saudi Arabia that is where i'm stuck. I feel like i'm not having fun yet so I stopped. The conversation thing seems generally fun so I was disappointed so thanks for that.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Not to turn this into the Alpha Protocol Thread but I have one more question. Will it be alot harder if I start out with the Recruit class as opposed to one of the main classes? I'm probably going to play on casual no matter what (I always play on the easiest difficulty on my first playthrough of any game and if I like the gameplay enough i'll replay it harder.)

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Anything for Final Fantasy IX? I am going to try to play it, I tried to play it once and got into an area that beat the crap out of me and I stopped playing. This is when I was like 12 though. So anything to know before I start that game would be great.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
How about Suikoden? I have just downloaded this off PSN and have never really played them. Having to try to find so many party members seems kind of intimidating to me. I know that if they have a portrait they are recruitable at some point. What other points do you guys have?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
What is the detective tool? I havn't recieved it yet but I just started playing the game so who knows.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I just bought Fallout: New Vegas and Metal Gear Solid 4 for PS3. I want to know some pointers starting out because I heard MGS 4 is kind of hard to get into. I have played New Vegas when it first came out wheN I got it from gameflyt but I only played through once very fast. I also gave it back obviously before any of the new Downloadable Content came out which I heard is excellent. What would you suggest for that also?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I have a few. I am starting Assassins Creed III soon and I have played all of the others multiple times, I love the series. Is there anything I should know, such as is there a big difference between this one and the other ones?

Also I want to play Civilization 4 again but the other times I tried playing I have just kind of mulled around building stuff and not really know what i'm doing. Are there any tips for that? I have never played any of the previous civilizations.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Anything anyone can tell me to get into Civilization IV? I am really trying to get into it but when I start playing I Just kind of wonder around aimlessly and make alliances and do the technology it recommends and I don't really feel like i'm doing anything at all. I made a few cities but i'm not sure if i really put them in the right place. I don't really know how to get materials like iron and such, i'm not sure what i'm supposed to build with workers.

Haha basically I don't know what i'm doing and need help!

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
How about The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion? I have played all of them except Arena and this one and I picked it up to try it out. Anything different than the other games?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Just decided to pick up Pokémon LeafGreen for GBA. I haven't played any pokemon besides Red and Blue when they were out on Gameboy in the 90's. Is there anything special? I know overall its the same game but any general tips? How much grinding is needed?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Captain Beans posted:

Getting into Assasians Creed 4 Black Flag on ps4, I'm about 3 hours in when the game starts to really open up. I've never really played any of the creed games. I don't care about missing out on any overworld story, just in it for the pirate stuff.

Any tips to make for a better experience? I've already turned off the minimap because I was 100% watching that. I plan on skipping the personal hp upgrades to help increase difficultly because I've played a lot of arkam style combat.

The only thing I can think of is you might get discouraged at first fighting ships at sea. I was really bad at it for a while but once you upgrade the Jackdaw even a little bit you will vastly overpower anything you could possibly ever come up against except legendary ships (which are marked as special things on your mini map)

Also, this is kind of cheesy and it sounds like you want a harder experience but once you get Berserk Darts, those can really almost complete missions for you.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Been playing a lot of Helldivers on PS4 recently and wondering if anyone has any general tips for it. It seems like when I randomly enters multiplayer games people seem to waste a lot of time fighting enemies, while I mostly try to avoid them and I didn't know if there was a reason or if they are just dumb. I don't have a mic to ask :-/.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Beat most of the content on Destiny and just decided to get Taken King. I know I'm late to the party but any general tips?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Off of a whim, I decided to rent Toukiden: Kiwami on gamefly for PS4. I've never played or even heard of this game but I liked to premise. Anyone play it and/or have any tips?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Random Hajile posted:

It's basically an off-brand Monster Hunter. To get loot from enemies, you need to hold R2 to purify the bodies or parts before they disappear. When fighting the big boss-type enemies, be sure to check the enhanced vision to spot all the weak points and destroy and grab what falls off. Also, there are rare monsters and uncommon loot points that can only be seen when using the enhanced vision, so be sure to check for them when going through rooms.

This is really dumb because I read the reviews which kept saying it was similar to Monster Hunter and for some reason my brain thought they were saying Monster Rancher. I have never played Monster Hunter and have no idea what kind of game it is.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I'm not sure I ever even fought far enough to get past the beginning. Only wanted to see what my KoRn and That's what I call music CDs got me.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Just rented Digimon: Cyber Sleuth for PS4. I played it for about 2 hours but am a little lost. Seems like there is alot that goes into it with the farm stuff and all that. Wanted to get some beginning tips. For a little flavor about myself, I have never played a Digimon game and only casually watched the TV show when I was a kid.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
What do you guys have for Farcry: Primal ?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Rented Homefront: The Revolution for PS4. Any tips before I play?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Any tips for Lords Of The Fallen . Got it for free, I have never played any sort of Dark Souls like game.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Anybody got anything for Farcry 4. Keep in mind I have an unnatural urge to make icons leave for side stuff leave the map and I know this is a Ubisoft game. Will that give me problems?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Just got Skyrim remaster for PS4. Honestly I've probably played Skyrim for PS3 about as much as I've played any game. I was just wondering is there anything different about this remaster?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Chill Nazi Frog posted:

It would have been "get the gently caress off of Eos" since the two games' zones and missions are structured the exact same way (vast swaths of not much, a million tiny side quests), but fortunately they gated off 3/4 of that map with lethal radiation until you've moved on to a couple other planets.

I've just started but Eos doesn't seem anywhere near as big as the Hinterlands.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I just got Xcom 2 on PS4. I don't have any expansions yet. I have played through it a little but always end up doing bad once the higher level units show up. Any tips?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

DreamShipWrecked posted:

The wiki page is pretty detailed, but could you specify what area of the game you are having issues with?

I'll look at it. Really the biggest issue I have is the snake guys. They tear my guys up. I never played part 1.