Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Marin Karin and Magic Bullets can charm your enemies. Combined with the information above... it's not quite a 'SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI IS OVER' button, but it pretty much wraps up everything in the game except for boss fights.

On the other hand a bunch of the bosses ARE NOT immune to charm.
Why yes, Thor, keep hitting yourself with Mjolnir. Yes.

Also, other than SMT2 and (maybe) Imagine, there aren't really that many ties from SMT1 to the rest of the series. That is not true for SMT2, though

First Raidou game making HEAVY SMT2 references, arguably Hijiri in Nocturne, the assorted references of the archangels in DDS...

Luisfe fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jun 3, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Is there anything I should know about Jagged Alliance 2 before trying it?

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

Dr Snofeld posted:

Not the tutorial one, InterNIC. Reason being they never trace your connection even if you connect directly.

Also don't delete ALL the logs. Delete the logs that say something like "Connection from 127.0.0.1 routed to blah" and "Password accepted from 127.0.0.1". Otherwise, when you leave the site there will be a disconnect log without a corresponding connect log, and on higher difficulty missions that can lead the feds right to you.

How can I delete the logs like that?

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Any tips for a total newbie at Red Orchestra?

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

Lets gently caress Bro posted:

Anyone know anything about Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey?

Buffs and debuffs are EXTREMELY USEFUL, and in some battles, having the enemy do a buff-clearing skill can save your rear end (as in allowing you to heal or prepare)

Elemental weaknesses apply both to you and the enemy, but unlike Nocturne, the odds are stacked in your favor due to the followup mechanic.

Instant Kill spells ARE useful and effective. Unfortunately, they are also useful and effective AGAINST YOU.

Save your demons' data often.

Save often.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Anything I should know before I try Neverwinter nights 2?

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Anyone got tips for Final Fantasy Tactics A 2?

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

Lets gently caress Bro posted:

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, anyone? I've read the wiki about it, so I get the basic stuff, I'm more looking for some of the better or more noteworthy demons to recruit/fuse as I go.
Also how do magatamas work? I get the option to "ingest" them, but ingest means to eat... is ingest just a fancy word for equip in this case or once I ingest a magatama do I not ever get to re-use it? And, is there a way to pass on learning a skill, and maybe learn it later? And is there any benefit to not letting my magatama do its thing when I level? So far its just seemed to heal me, which is cool, but I assume the No option is there for a reason...

Ingesting is equipping, yes, so you can swap them out when you get the requirements covered. Once you refuse a skill, it is gone forever, so you have to plan around that (for example, Focus is an awesome skill and should NOT be passed, it will likely be more valuable than whatever skill you are overwriting, unless it is like Fog Breath or something), you cannot learn skills later if you refuse to learn them. I think that there are some negatives like getting cursed or poisoned, but I am not sure, it's been a while since I played Nocturne.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Just bought the Left 4 Dead bundle. Two 20 bucks games for a grand total of 10? Hell yes.

Is there anything in particular I should know about them? Are they similar in gameplay to Killing Floor?
What can I expect of them, and should I play the first first, or just go to the second?

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

Kneel Before Zog posted:

I bought Demon Souls after not using the playstation 3 for almost a year. Besides reading that the game may be frustratingly difficult , which I hope isn't the case, what should I know? What game should I return it for if the former is true?

Do not despair about dying. It is part of the game and while dead you have higher strength and easier stealth.
Take it slow and never, ever rush things. Learn how to time the attacks and conserve your stamina.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
... There is more than one island in Evil Genius?

Welp, time to get mildly addicted to it. Again.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

BreakTargets posted:

I just bought Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. The only other games I played in the series were Persona 3 and 4. Anything I should know?

Fog Breath is absolutely essential right up to the last areas.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Any quick tips for Sword of the Stars? I don't get how I am getting colonies/navigating the 3d starmap.

This thing makes GalCiv seem so much simpler.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Anything I should know to make things easier for Dawn of War 1? It's not on the Wiki. Also, I am going to assume that basic tips for it would work for DoW2, which I will eventually get, and Company of Heroes, which I already have and will try eventually.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Anything I should know about Chivalry: Medieval Warfare?

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Any tips for Heroes of Might and Magic 3 Complete? Picked it up on gog and have not started it yet.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

StashAugustine posted:

Just got the Deep Silver bundle for Saint's Row 2 and 3 DLC, are Sacred 2 and Risen 2 worth playing?

At the very least, Sacred 2 is. Really enormous action rpg, with really silly character classes (my favorite is a robot anubis with a megaman arm), and Blind Guardian.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

Gaggins posted:

Anything I should know before playing Inquisitor?

Prepare for pain. Even while cheating. The combat is rear end, the magic is weird, the stamina regeneration is a joke, the enemies respawn way too fast, and by all means get the loving revive spell when you get the dog/a companion.
Just give yourself all the money, and buy goddamn potions. Makes it much more playable.
| \givemoney # where the # is the amount of money you want.
After that, fill two pages of the inventory (one good thing it has, it has a really good inventory, and most items have great flavor text) with stamina potions. Healing potions and mana potions (particularly mana) are less important by far.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

Orkut Users posted:

Anything for Shin Megami Tensai IV? I'm only a few hours into the game, around level 8.

get a lot of 3ds playcoins. You will need them.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Anything I should know about Might and Magic Heroes 6?

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Any tips for Diablo 2? I got it two years ago but never did play it much. I feel like I have to rectify that now that I like a bunch of diabloclones/diablo 3

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Any tips for Desktop Dungeons? I am really, ridiculously bad at it.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Any tips for Rise of the Triad 2013? Like, what to look for for secrets or something?

I am having tons of fun but I am missing most secrets.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Anyone got tips for Soul Sacrifice, or Soul Sacrifice Delta?

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

The Vosgian Beast posted:

What should I know before I play King of Dragon Pass

Do not play with a modern mindset. Try to think like a bronze age viking.
Even if you are a peace tribe, raid from time to time.
Get an Elmali on your Circle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

One more for Shadow of Mordor, I just realized that the game came with a bunch of DLC that gives you overpowered runes and stuff right off the bat, does anyone know what I should turn off so that the game isn't easy mode?

The least thing you should upgrade is health. Everything else is fun, but try to remain fragile.