Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do

tendrilsfor20 posted:

Mass Effect
Get Rich quick. No, really, get the "Rich" achievement as soon as possible, don't save anything as far as gear or drops, just sell it all, and sell it all to the doctor on the Citadel for max profit. There are exploits for infinite money, you don't have to use them, but the game is criminally easy as soon as you can get your hands on Spectre gear.

As well, Wrex and Garrus are generally thought to have the best shore party dialogue lines.

Getting ally achievements gets you good stuff. Get your people early and keep them. Use a guide for Asari ally.

Complete Wrex's armor quest before going to Virmire. You will not regret it.

Always keeping your Charm/Intimidate at its max is a good idea. Using Charm/Intimidate is the best way to get Paragon/Renegade points (opening up more ranks). However, if you're going to playthrough with a character a second time, don't waste the skillpoints, as you get Charm/Intimidate just by becoming more Paragon/Renegade.

If you plan on playing a non-combat character, first create a soldier, equip him with an assault rifle, and get the Assault Rifle achievement as quickly as possible. Then give your non-combat person the Assault Rifle ability. It's far better than a pistol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do

DontDateRobots! posted:

Since I've got that base covered with Shepard, do you think I'm all right with the girl and the Turian? Or should I bring along someone else with adept skills? He's got a mix of combat and tech, and she's all combat.

If you're going for achievements, pick your party and stick with it no matter what.

On easier difficulties, it really doesn't matter. Honestly, Ashley/Tali is a great combination with an adept, because you have everything specced. Just make sure to keep Tali's Electronics and Decryption up.

quote:

Is it possible to screw myself over on a mission by saying the wrong thing?

No, but it is possible to miss assignments if you decline them.

quote:

There was some random guy in the Citadel markets, and by the second response I pissed him off and he disappeared. He's still listed in the journal under assignments saying I should talk to him, but I can't find him anywhere.

Don't worry about it. Just make sure to visit the Citadel after every major mission.

:ssh: We also have a Mass Effect thread :ssh: We probably ought not to clutter this thread up too much.