Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reagan Youth
Jul 15, 2008

We are the sons of Reagan ...Heil!
Gonna kill us some pagans ...Heil!
hi all!

any recommendations for a completely new rider looking to commute in NYC? I believe dirt bikes aren`t street legal here, so that`s out...I`m looking to commute about 150 blocks to school, and i was wondering if anyong had any advice as to feasibility/specific recs. My budget would be about 3400 for the bike itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reagan Youth
Jul 15, 2008

We are the sons of Reagan ...Heil!
Gonna kill us some pagans ...Heil!

Z3n posted:

Ninja 250 or a small, good condition scoot. You won't want anything bigger because it's just going to be a handful in traffic. The ninja 250 is at it's prime in street level commuting. You should be able to find a cheap one, and your budget will cover safety courses, full gear, and insurance. I started with almost exactly the same budget, bought my 250 for 1800$, my gear for 1200$, and 300$ for the safety course/insurance.

could i take this on the highway for day-trips (e.g. Boston, Philly, DC)