Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Altoidss
Jun 7, 2007
Curiously Strong
Oh, I love you Yoozer.

Right now I'm having trouble creating nice sounding bass lines.

My favorite one is in this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8d6JhOmcRE

The main sound kicks in at 0:37, which I assume is just a saw or square wave, then as distorted and compressed as possible, yeah?

The bass hits at 0:45. How did they get such a nice, distorted bass without it sounding terrible? Every time I try to use anything other than a pure sine wave for a bass line, it sounds all rumbly and bad.

I think all the other sounds in the song are easy enough to make.

Got any tips on that bass drum? Crookers have some hard bass drums that I'd like to emulate, and I don't want to just SAMPLE them, that's no fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Altoidss
Jun 7, 2007
Curiously Strong
I've got two more sounds for you Yoozer!

First, do you think the strings at the drop (1:15) of White Knight Two synthesized or sampled? If they're sampled, where can I get them?

Second, how do you get the main riff at 0:08 of this? I know that the song was made using stock Logic gear plus Camel Crusher. I've gotten fairly close using two square waves in Analog in Live plus Camel, but I can't really recreate those weird harmonics.

• Locked thread