Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

knuthgrush posted:

The issue is getting a bike registered without a license. Not sure if I can do that with a permit or if I can take the skill test if it's not registered+insured.

I was able to buy, register, and insure a motorcycle in WA with just a permit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Saw someone on one of those the other day, looked like they were having fun

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Why is the service interval of the MT07 and XSR 700 4000 miles in the US but 6000 miles in the UK?

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Then why are the both not 4000 miles??

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

ought ten posted:

Distances are longer in metric countries, how do you not know this?

Nobody ever told me. Thanks though that explains it.

CongoJack fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Feb 27, 2023

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
If it is just the regular seat you might find it on partzilla. I think I found your seat https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/suzuki/motorcycle/2020/sv650/seat-sv650-sv650a

Hard to tell from the picture but I think it’s number 7?

E; Damnit, too slow

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
I feel very stupid. I tried to check my oil levels on the cb650 but when I inserted and removed the dipstick it was like one side would have oil on it but the other side wouldn’t. I don’t mean like upper and lower like I would have expected, it was like one side had oil on but when I flipped it over the other side was dry. I did run the bike for a few minutes and let it cool for another few before checking. I also had it on a rear stand so it was level. These are both things the manual says to do. Is that a sign of something being wrong or am I the world’s dumbest man?

Also when I shut it off there was whitish smoke coming out of the tailpipe, like the amount that might come off the end of a cigarette. Is that normal on a new motorcycle? I don’t remember my previous motorcycle ever doing this.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Oh yea of course having it on a rear stand would tilt it a little bit even if it is just a couple inches. Manual just says to place vehicle upright on a firm level surface. What is the easiest way to get the bike level without a rear stand?

Glad to hear the smoke is just efi things.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
It shouldn’t be that hard to get an oil filter off, right? I got an oil filter wrench but when I try and take this thing off it just slides down and off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Its one of those ones you stick on a socket wrench and it cups the bottom of the oil filter. I went and bought one of those strap ones and that actually worked once it dug into the side of the filter hard enough. Next step after that was going be drilling it and using a screwdriver.