Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Massive
Apr 8, 2004
What should the texture of the dish be when eaten? I tried a version of this tonite (Marcella Hazan's recipe) which asks for a bit more olive oil, and a little less cheese. I found the pasta to be a bit on the dry side...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Massive
Apr 8, 2004

ShadowCatboy posted:

I was actually thinking of using white wine to add another layer of depth to it. Would this be appropriate or would the wine be a bastardization of the recipe? Like, prissing up a dish that's more along the lines of comfort food?

Marcella Hazan uses white wine in her version of carbonara. And she's a GOD.