Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whiteboy
Nov 10, 2009
I have learned the fine art of how to gently caress up your gas tank and fairings through bad paint jobs. I am soon going to learn the fine art of slowly fixing these mistakes :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whiteboy
Nov 10, 2009
There are bears in Florida? Am I stupid for not knowing this?

Whiteboy
Nov 10, 2009
I've gone a little fast at times but never gotten pulled over. I would have to stop though as I actually plan on going into law enforcement and I doubt it will look great on resume to have a running from the police charge :ohdear:

Whiteboy
Nov 10, 2009
So I just about ran over some insane old man today. Riding through the gated community I live in (it's really big) so usually I drive 30mph on the main road even though the speed limit is 25mph. Well this morning I'm doing no more than 30mph going downhill and this old man jogging must of thought I was racing like a bat out of hell. He immediately starts yelling something loudly and waving his arms in a severe downward motion telling me to slow down. I look at him and keep my speed and just shake my head...give me a break, I'm not speeding at all and by jumping out in front of me making me swerve YOU almost caused the accident, not me.
So crazy old man who jumped out in front of me and did some weird Sieg Heil/slow down thing, gently caress you.

Do bikes just look like they're going insanely fast or what?

Whiteboy
Nov 10, 2009

Vork!Vork!Vork! posted:

DDDP3052XGJ

Used that coupon code last night to buy four spark plugs and an air filter, thanks!

Anyone here ever had the chance to ride one of the KTM 990 SMT's? Or the KTM 950SM?

Whiteboy fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Sep 26, 2011

Whiteboy
Nov 10, 2009

ReelBigLizard posted:

I've ridden the SMT, nice bike, what do you want to know?

2ndclasscitizen posted:

Ridden the SMT as well, had a blast. If I was buying new it'd be right up top of the list.

What did you guys think of it? I possibly will be able to buy an '06 950 SM if the other buyer backs out but that might not happen. I've been looking at the '10 KTM 990's, mainly the SMT's, but I'm wondering if they're still fun. The 950 SM looks like it's just an absolute blast to ride but the 990 SMT looks a bit like the more relaxed uncle to the bike. I understand it is still plenty fast and can rip through turns, but at the same time it is still a bit of a touring bike. Am I wrong? Is the SMT still amazingly fun to ride? I do plan on actually riding the bike for longer distances which is why the SMR and its tiny gas tank is no good. I'm not going to be racing either of these bikes on the track, though.

Whiteboy fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Sep 26, 2011

Whiteboy
Nov 10, 2009

2ndclasscitizen posted:

Oh yeah, tons of fun. The suspension is brilliant. Really soaks up bumps and is incredibly comfortable, but you can still chuck it in to corners really hard and just power out. Feels like a big bastard when you pick it up off the sidestand but the weight just disappears on the move. I'd definitely recommend it over the SMR if you're doing more than short blasts around town/your favourite twisties.

Yeah, the SMR got ruled out pretty quickly. Honestly, I'm leaning towards the 950 SM as it's more in my price range and looks a bit more fun. If I don't end up getting it though, I'm going to visit a KTM dealer to look over the SMT in person. Did you ever take it off road?

Whiteboy
Nov 10, 2009
Well, if the 950 SM falls through I'm definitely going to look at the SMT. Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

Whiteboy
Nov 10, 2009
Unless my google-fu is terrible, the SM vs the SMT is a 2 liter difference.

Whiteboy
Nov 10, 2009
Just gone done changing the spark plugs and air filter on my bike and I thought I ruined some wiring. I turned my bike on after I put it back together and I got a check engine warning. Uh oh, tried turning the bike on/off a few times and nothing. Prop the gas tank back up and start unplugging/plugging back in and checking all the wires. My dad comes out to the garage and tells me to put my kickstand up and then turn the bike on. Yeah, like that will help. I try it and lo and behold, bike starts working! It was around that time I realized I left the bike in gear so it wouldn't roll while I was yanking the tank around. Stupid kickstand safety system! At least my dad thought it was funny.

Whiteboy
Nov 10, 2009
The only other time I've done that (which is how I know there is a kickstand safety system on my bike) was when I had to pull over very quickly because of a drat bee flying around inside my helmet. I was pulling over so quickly that I skipped N and went to 1st gear and hit the engine kill switch. Put down the kickstand and dance around shaking out my helmet on the side of the road trying to get that drat bee out. Sit back on the bike and it wouldn't start until I put the kickstand back up :downs:

Oh and if anyone needs a $20 off a $150+ order, use coupon code DN44UI73II4 for http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/

Whiteboy fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Oct 5, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whiteboy
Nov 10, 2009
Well this is a first. Anyone ever see weed for bikes before?

quote:

Hello I am a prop 215 patient I have some extra meds of green ribbon I'd like to trade
For any dirtbike running from: 02-up 125cc, 250cc, 450f 250f

Or anything ud like to trade for some dense green ribbon best outdoor grown so far 2011 please get back to me with details of
What you have and what you want got it?
916220zeroone724
*Must be ca prop 215 sb420 with script*
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/mcy/2652741708.html