Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nannypea posted:

OMG You can eat! Food is not high on my priority list at the moment. I am eating a lot of fruits, veggies and cereals. I could care less about meat.

This is a pretty good sign by the way. When my mom was going through all of this (breast cancer) she couldn't eat at all and didn't have a taste for food. Trying to eat, she would just vomit. Not eating good made things worst for her.

This thread really interests me. I've been around a lot of cancer patients. My mom, and my moms sister, and I use to get remicade infusions once a month at a hospital and it was done at the cancer center. So I met a lot of cancer patients that way. Those places are depressing as gently caress.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Jan 20, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nannypea posted:

Question: Will or will not the hair on my head grow back? It came out due to radiation and I'm getting conflicting reports as to whether I'm going to be half bald the rest of my life or not.

Your hair wont come back the same as it was before. If you really liked the look of your hair before, be prepared for disappointment.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nannypea posted:

:siren: Great News :siren:

The MRI of my pancreas showed no evidence of disease! :dance: I don't think I have ever gotten such good news in my life. People live with Brain cancer but that pancreatic is pretty nasty.

This is wonderful news, i'm very happy for you!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ashgromnies, hows your life going as far as stress? I have a lot of the same problems as you do, and its all pretty much due to stress and depression. It can have a very huge impact on your health and memory. If I am feeling good emotionally, everything is totally fine as far as my memory goes, but if i'm having an off day, its like I can't remember anything for more than a minute and its very frustrating.

Its something that is worth checking out.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Getting checked for colon cancer in a week. Is it okay if I say that I really hope I won't be joining you guys? :/ But it is certainly a possibility right now. :|

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nannypea posted:

Think positive thoughts and let's us know when you get the good news that it's not cancer :toughguy:

Thanks. :) The worst part is i'm going to have to be checked every 2 years for the rest of my life. According to my doctor and a lot of sources i've seen online, once you've had crohns disease for around 5 - 10 years, your chances of colon cancer increase by 50%. Not very reassuring numbers. It feels like a not if, but when and catching it very early. If you catch it late, the treatments can be just as bad as the cancer itself.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cancer free. :) :) :) Lets all celebrate by getting drunk.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I like your avatar by the way. Monkeys are my favorite. :)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Not really cancer related, but it has to with my colonoscopy from earlier which was to check for cancer. I'm fine and clear by the way, but today I was suppose to go see my doctor to go over the results in more detail and I find out, 1 1/2 hours before that appointment, I can't see him because my G.P. Doctor won't authorize it. Reason being because I haven't seen my G.P. Doctor since October 2009. But i've been seeing my Gastrolongist at least once every 3 months. What is so infuriating about this is that I was just told this might be an issue, last friday but that it will be taken care of over the weekend. I was promised it would be taken care of, over the weekend, by my doctors nurse and my health insurance. I've had this appointment set up for a month now and i'm suppose to see him today. How do they not realize this would be a problem until its to late to fix? gently caress these people, hard.

My doctor taking care of my crohns disease is so incompetent. Or rather his nurses are. I need to find a way to file a complaint or something, because in my opinion, this is completely unacceptable. Am I being unreasonable? I don't know. I mean if something bad was found, this could literally be a life or death thing if I am out of the blue being refused to see the doctor taking care of me. Health care in the U.S. is so horrible.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Aug 2, 2010

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My G.P. doctor. is refusing, I need his referral to see my doctor that is treating my crohns disease. Normally this is updated every time automatically, when I want to see him, but for some reason, the insurance got a different doctor on their list through a mistake, that I guess was theirs. So because of a mistake from the insurance company, I have to go see my G.P. doctor now who has moved over 50 miles away. That is not a problem though, I can goto a new G.P. and fix that. But this is only useful for future visits, does no good today. Especially this late in the afternoon.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Aug 2, 2010

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

No, what I meant was, what IF there was something bad and this was an important meet with my doctor? I might be having to put off important treatment because of some screw up. Luckily todays visit was just a short visit that is no big deal.

I also don't appreciate having my time wasted. I had to make sure to have this afternoon open for this appointment and now I can't go to it.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Aug 2, 2010

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

You have to just keep calling the doctor. Multiple times a day if you have to. I learned that the hard way myself. They are always very horrible about returning calls. I've only ever had one doctor that was good about returning phone calls.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

When my mom had breast cancer she went through a lot of the same problems with getting doctors to call her back. You might want to see about just head over to your doctors office and talking to a nurse directly, they will probably be a lot more willing to get someone to help you. My mom just visited the E.R. usually when her doctor wasn't being useful which was pretty often.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nannypea posted:

If she's anything like me, we don't. Someone does it for us!

I can't get enough of your avatar, I like monkeys.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Regence posted:

I got C Diff.

I had this once, it is not fun. I was in ICU for a few days. :/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My dad has pre-cancerous spots on his bald head and face (he is 62) and his doctor gave him a chemo cream to take that will get rid of the spots. The problem is my dad won't take the cream. This poo poo can turn into skin cancer if left untreated. He says he want's to wait until he starts this new job in August. He is just making excuses I think. Is it really okay to wait that long? He has had this cream for a few weeks now and hasn't touched it. This is really worrying me, it sounds like he is playing Russian roulette here, this cannot be a good idea in anyway, shape or form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

bam thwok posted:

The side effects of not using the treatment could be far worse.

Exactly, this is what i've been trying to explain to him and the stubborn bastard is well aware of what my mom went through when she had cancer. It makes me so angry that he won't take the drat cream but there is nothing I can do about it right now. He just won't do it because of the side effects, somehow those are worst then actually getting cancer. Skin cancer is very deadly, he doesn't understand that you can't gently caress around with this.