Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Sir Unimaginative posted:

People selling weird gray-market electronics with deceptive marketing? Why I never :v:

I think someone other than Gateway actually did have a 3DS flash card out, but now that the 3DS (alone) supports downloading retail games, even (begrudgingly) from Disney, arguing the ethical side of a dual-use thing like a flash card - at least in the context of a 3DS - is really really difficult.
The other is sky3ds and various clones. Its compatible with newest firmware versions and should continue to be unless Nintendo specifically blocks whatever hardware hack they are using.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Hey. I haven't had a DS flash cart since my ol' Lite (a DSTT). I decided to check what works these days on DSi and 3DS and, with the DSTWO not being produced or sold anymore, the R4i Gold is supposed to be the gold standard now? Ordered one from realhotstuff and it arrived today, but I have no idea how to install the files it needs.

The cart points to a https://www.r4ids.cn site that works but whose download links are mostly broken. I seem to have found a mirror for firmware "4.0b2" so I got that along with a "Wood R4 Kernel" that I also seem to need. Put everything into the SD card's root, formatted FAT32 as per instructions, but I just get a black screen. Does anyone have this card and can compare if the file structure is supposed to look like this?

the _DS_MENU.DAT and __rpg folder are from the Wood Kernel zip. The Launcher.dat is from the firmware thingy. Is there anything missing or in the wrong place?

Diametunim
Oct 26, 2010
I'm trying to dive into the world of 3ds homebrew and I was just wondering if I install Palantine CFW will I still be able to access the eshop / play online? I know what I can do with Palantine but I don't know what I can't do with Palantine. Anyone have a decent wiki for reading? I've been digging around GBA Temp but everything is super scattered over there.

• Locked thread