Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
While it borders on creepy is there really anything illegal about doing this? I know expectation of privacy and such but if he's masturbating right in front of a window that he knows neighbors can look into how much expectation of privacy does he really have?

Somewhat related, I live on a pretty busy street full of bars and seen many people pulled over and be arrested for DUIs right below my window. The other day I saw someone get pulled over and two cops get out of the car to talk to her, I grabbed my binoculars to watch what was going on and somehow the cop noticed me 9 stories up with my binoculars and pointed his flashlight at me. I retreated for a second and then thought "Wait, what the hell, I'm on my private property watching the police doing official business on a public street, I'm perfectly entitled to watch if I want, so I went back out and watched. He pointed the flashlight at me, I didn't retreat this time so he just starred at me looking really pissed off. Was I in the right here? I can't imagine there is anything legally or ethically wrong with watching something happen on a public street, binoculars or not, especially when there are government employees involved.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Oct 24, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

SolidHavoc posted:

No, you weren't in the wrong legally, but you were being incredibly nosy. Do you also slow your car down 15mph whenever you see a wreck or someone pulled over on the freeway?

I think there is a difference between not paying attention to driving and slowing everyone else down and watching police actions from the safety and comfort of my own home. Nosy, maybe a little bit but I don't think it's completely out of line to be interested that people are getting DUIs right outside my front door.