Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
katoplastik
Dec 31, 2002

by Fistgrrl
Sealed brand new MacBook Pro.

17 inches; 2.6Ghz with 3 years Apple Care (until October 2011)

Reason for sale: I don't need it, it is too big for my needs anyhow.

Pictures:

Click here for the full 800x320 image.

Click here for the full 768x576 image.

(All the specs)

(Apple Care)

(Sealed, and I'd prefer to keep it that way; I haven't tested it but the thing is brand new; I don't see how there could be ANY problem with it.)

I will consider any reasonable offer. If you have any questions, you can ask here or PM me. I'm not in a big hurry to sell it or anything and if there's no interest I'll just throw it on eBay.

Depending on price I get for it I may or may not include a copy of Final Cut Studio 2, original, also sealed, never registered. This can also be sold seperately if someone is interested.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Mod Note: It's best to read the whole thread for 100% enjoyment. If you want a summary see Brother Jonathan's post here. Continued here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=2994255&pagenumber=51#post354241185

If you do neither and ask for a summary anyway, you'll be put on probation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

katoplastik
Dec 31, 2002

by Fistgrrl
Yes, it does. Weird at first if you're not used to it, but once you are... it does wonders.

katoplastik
Dec 31, 2002

by Fistgrrl
Don't really have an asking price... As long as it's not ridiculous, I'll consider any serious offer.

katoplastik
Dec 31, 2002

by Fistgrrl
I know this will seem retarded... What use will you make of it? At that price you could very well just buy and resell, and still make a profit... Insurance money (yay fire) "paid" for it, so I'll make a profit no matter what.

I might consider $2300 plus shipping, as long as I don't see it on eBay in a week from now. :)

katoplastik
Dec 31, 2002

by Fistgrrl
Shameless bump.

katoplastik
Dec 31, 2002

by Fistgrrl

SLoW posted:

So insurance paid for it, but you didn't actually lose it? Isn't that insurance fraud?

If you want to make sure it goes to a good home though, I'll take it for $500 and I promise to take good care of it, pet it everyday, and send you pictures of it celebrating various holidays. :)
I lost an iMac, had my MacBook with me when the fire happened. Decided to upgrade the MacBook since I was not home a lot... but 17", after some thought, is clearly not very convenient for me, but it's here now, so yeah. Maybe I happen to have a very lenient insurance guy who also happens to be a friend of mine, but I wouldn't consider this a fraud, although, I might be wrong?

And although the prospect of getting pictures of it dressed up as Santa on Christimas sounds really exciting... I'll have to say no to your offer, thanks, though.

katoplastik
Dec 31, 2002

by Fistgrrl

Purple posted:

It wouldn't go to ebay, I could make a profit buying and selling, but I could also get a very good deal keeping it for myself. Especially considering my current laptop is a PowerBook G4. Then again, I should probably just be buying a cheapass Vista machine considering the state of my bank account, but it's still vaguely interesting.
Well, you let me know. :) I feel bad that you'll go from a Powerbook to a Vista machine, though.

katoplastik
Dec 31, 2002

by Fistgrrl
Well, after having it up on Craigslist as well, it looks as though $2,000 seems like a reasonable (for the buyer mostly) price, so if anyone is interested here for that much, it's yours.

Thought I'd try eBay but their fees are ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

katoplastik
Dec 31, 2002

by Fistgrrl
Well, looks like it found a nice home.