Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Branigan
Jan 1, 2008

by DocEvil
code:
==============================
Neal Baker ("Medved")
* Justice, Wrath
* Thyrsus
* Adamantine Arrow

==========
ATTRIBUTES
==========
MENTAL			PHYSICAL		SOCIAL
------			--------		------
Intelligence: 	2	Strength:	4	Presence: 	2
Wits:		3	Dexterity:	3	Manipulation: 	2
Resolve:	2	Stamina:	3	Composure: 	3

======
SKILLS
======
MENTAL (-3 Unskilled)	PHYSICAL (-1 Unskilled)	SOCIAL (-1 Unskilled)
Academics:	0	Athletics: 	5	Animal Ken: 	4
Computer:	0	Brawl: 		5	Empathy: 	0
Crafts: 	4	Drive: 		0	Expression: 	0
Investigation:	0	Firearms: 	0	Intimidation: 	0
Medicine:	3	Larceny: 	0	Persuasion: 	0
Occult: 	2	Stealth: 	0	Socialize: 	0
Politics: 	0	Survival: 	3	Streetwise: 	0
Science: 	0	Weaponry: 	0	Subterfuge: 	0

SPECIALTIES
-----------
* Animal Ken (Bears)
* Brawl (Mauling) (not sure if this is legit)
* Athletics (Long Distance Running)

==========
ADVANTAGES
==========
MERITS
------
Iron Stanima (3)
Brawl Dodge (1)
Order Status (1)
Fleet of Foot (3)
Natural Immunity (1)
Strong Back (1)

DERIVED TRAITS
--------------
* Health:	8
* Willpower:	5

* Initiative:	6
* Size:		5
* Speed:	15
* Defense:	3

* Wisdom:	4
==============
SUPERNAL MAGIC
==============
GNOSIS: 2
---------
* Mana:				11 max, spend 2 per turn
* Base Paradox Pool:		2 die
* Pattern Restoration/Scouring:	1 per day
* Ritual Casting:		1 roll per 3 hrs
* Spell Tolerance:		(Higher of unmodified Stamina or Gnosis)
* Cannot Combine Spells
* Max Arcana:			4, 4, 3, 3, 3, 2, 2, 2, 1, 1

ARCANA: Life/Spirit Ruling, Mind Inferior
------
Life 4
Spirit 2
Force 1

Cost: 61

24 exp spent on Life 4

ROTES
-----
Greater Honing the Form (4 dots) Gnosis + Gnosis + Arcana + Athletics + Arrow [16](Vulgar)
Healing Heart (3 dots) Gnosis + Gnosis + Arcana + Medicine + Arrow [14] (Vulgar)
Transform Self (3 dots) Gnosis + Gnosis+ Arcana + Athletics + Arrow [16] (Vulgar)
Shape Change (4 dots) Gnosis + Gnosis + Arcana + Athletics + Arrow [16] Vulgar

============================
EXPERIENCE POINT EXPENDITURE
Transform Self (3 dots) 6 exp spent
Skill Occult (2 dots) 9 exp spent
Life (expanded to 4 dots)- 24 exp spent
Rote Shape Change - 8 exp spent
Skill Athletics (to 5 from 4) - 15 exp spent
Skill Brawl (to 5 from 4 - 15 exp spent
Upgrade Honing the Form to Greater Honing the Form - 2 exp spent

79 exp spent total

==============
CURRENT STATUS
==============
* Health:	[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
* Willpower:	[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
* Mana:		12/12 (3/turn)

COMBAT VALUES
-------------
* Initiative:	5

* Defense:	3
* Armor:	0/0

* Speed:	15

ATTACK STATISTICS
-----------------
*[8B] Fists (Strength + Brawl)

RESISTANCE DICEPOOLS
--------------------
* Stamina:	4 Dice
* Resolve:	4 Dice
* Composure:	3 Dice

OTHER DICEPOOLS
---------------
* Perception:		6
* Resonance Analysis:	2

=========
INVENTORY
=========
GENERAL
-------
Pocket Knife

MAGICAL
-------
Bear Tooth (Magical Tool, Spirit)
Double A-Battery (Magical Tool, Force)

WEAPONS
-------

ARMOR
------

Branigan fucked around with this message at 05:24 on May 24, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Branigan
Jan 1, 2008

by DocEvil
ferrinus can we roleplay getting debriefed by our superiors about the "haunted house" sometime it seems like it would be fun :3

all yelling at each other and stuff

Branigan
Jan 1, 2008

by DocEvil

Ferrinus posted:

i hate this dude

also ferrinus if i wanted to buy some ranks in the time arcanum would i have to wait until after we finish the current thing with enoch? i have both ic and ooc reasons for wanting to do so

Branigan
Jan 1, 2008

by DocEvil

Ferrinus posted:

you can probably learn the first rank in a couple days if you worked at it

cool

also i figured out why all my rotes were one higher then i thought they should be i forgot about that arrow rote specialties

Branigan
Jan 1, 2008

by DocEvil

Nicolae Carpathia posted:

mage is for suckers

well if nicolae is playing i guess i will

Branigan
Jan 1, 2008

by DocEvil

Male. Bi. Unix. posted:

sorry for leaving at 1am

you missed notpaul talking a giant dragon into eating a dude and then freaking out when ferrinus made him roll a derangement check

Branigan
Jan 1, 2008

by DocEvil
maybe enoch will decide to be nice and not kill them horribly :3:

Branigan
Jan 1, 2008

by DocEvil
we're headed back anyway, aren't we? i know i'm almost out of mana

Branigan
Jan 1, 2008

by DocEvil

Ferrinus posted:

join the seers

no dont

Branigan
Jan 1, 2008

by DocEvil
what'd i miss?

Branigan
Jan 1, 2008

by DocEvil
derangements rule cast that spell everyday

Branigan
Jan 1, 2008

by DocEvil
hey ferrinus what would the stats look like for a polar bear (just so i know when i get life 4)?

Branigan
Jan 1, 2008

by DocEvil

Ferrinus posted:

I may fiddle with this later, but I'm thinking something like:

Strength 5, Dexterity 2, Stamina 5, Size 7, Speed (Str + Dex + 5), 1/0 Armor

It has a +2L bite attack and a +1L claw attack. The armor won't stack with your mage armor, just as any armor wouldn't.

would the bite attack count as a brawl attack or a weapon use attack?

would my speed merit transfer over to bear form or are physical merits lost on transforming?

and doesn't that strength seem a little low it's only one higher then the book gives for a guard dog

Branigan
Jan 1, 2008

by DocEvil
also i'm guessing the thing the core book says about animals defense being the higher of wits or dexterity only applies to real animals and not transformed mages, right?

Branigan
Jan 1, 2008

by DocEvil

Ferrinus posted:

-You can vulgarly raise any attribute to [normal max + Arcanum +1], but as a transitory spell - it's gone in a few turns.

:ohdear:

does the normal max take into account the normal max of the character's base form, or does it count whatever they've transformed into? and would the bonus disappear completely after a few turns, or would it just go down to normal max + 1?

also, would medved be able to chant in high speech as a bear at life 4 (i guess at life 5 i could magically make his bear form be able to talk?)?

Branigan
Jan 1, 2008

by DocEvil
can rotes still be cast if a character transforms into an animal with less hand dexterity then humans? how intricate are the hand gestures you need to do to perform them?

Branigan
Jan 1, 2008

by DocEvil
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. IT’S PLANET EARTH: ICE WORLD: POLAR BEARS AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, A POLAR BEAR. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN’ WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME SEALS. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY SURVIVED THE WORLDS MOST DANGEROUS POLAR REGION. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUT LOUD EVERYDAY TO MAGES IN MY CABAL AND ALL THEY CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. TWO HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING.

Branigan
Jan 1, 2008

by DocEvil
iad

Branigan
Jan 1, 2008

by DocEvil
Medved stretches his limbs, spreads his legs, and assumes one of the many stances taught to him during his tutelage in the Adamantine Arrow. Without a word to his fellow mages, he begins to work his way through one of the many forms of meditative martial arts he knows.

He feels the Primal Wild run from his center to his extremities, fueling his movements. His senses expand, measuring the life pulsing through his body down to the cellular level. Each breath brings teeming life into his body, each breath expels it out into the world. His senses grope his circulatory system, tracking the movement of a single oxygen molecule as it travels from his lungs, pushed along by his heart, to a cell in his quadriceps, where it is converted into energy to fuel a kick as he finishes up one form and switches seamlessly to another.

He hears his heart beat loudly and strongly in his ears, a drum pulsing with the Primal Wild. He feels the spirit of the Great Bear radiate through his body, feels the wild energies it brings him. The Primal Wild calls to him, and he answers it, reveling in the sheer quantity of life that floods his senses.

He feels Martyroshkya, sitting on a slab in the corner of the room. The older mage coughs, and Medved detects the life of countless virii on his breath; the Arrow is coming down with a cold. He feels Tombheart, still recovering from the long journey, still tired from lugging the Seer all that way. He feels Arrian, lost in his own oblation, Solomon, his life force tinged with the infernal, and the dog that is not really a dog laying near it's master. He feels the sightless fish that swim the depths of the underground lake next to him, the plant life and micro biotic organisms they feed on.

His senses expand again, and he feels Enoch, strained under the pressure of resisting the Seers' machinations. Farther and farther his senses stretch, out past Enoch's sanctum and into the woods proper. He feels the life of the forest, each creature individually and all together as a mass. He feels the hawk, gliding on the wind, hunting for it's prey. He feels the rabbit, burrowing, hiding from the hawk. He feels as the hawk snuffs out the life of the rabbit, as the rabbit gives birth, as the cycle of life continues onward. He feels as the forest breathes, taking life, giving it, and he is struck by an understanding he has not felt before. He understands the cycle, feels it in a way that stretches beyond dry facts and into tacit experience.

Medved's senses begin contracting inwards, out of the forest and back into Enoch's sanctum, then back into the lake chamber and into his own body. He comes back to the slow and rhythmic breathing of his own body, and he opens his eyes, ceases his movement. He blinks. Enoch wasn't exaggerating when he said the sigil focused the mind, he thinks.

Branigan
Jan 1, 2008

by DocEvil
ferrinus can we buy new rotes or do we have to wait for this current story to finish first?

e: plus i am interested in buying more status dots in the AA

Branigan
Jan 1, 2008

by DocEvil

Nicolae Carpathia posted:

hey hey what's all this about narrating my guy getting sick

Actually those rituals are pretty good! I like them a lot, although the bar has been set pretty high for my own. What's the deadline for them, Ferrinus? I have more stuff on my plate these days now that the semester has started.

used life arcanum to give him a cold dwi

Branigan
Jan 1, 2008

by DocEvil

Male. Bi. Unix. posted:

woah. woah. nobody said any poo poo about play by post when i signed up. i refuse

write it in irc i wil c/p it here for you

Branigan
Jan 1, 2008

by DocEvil
no dont join either of those organizations they are bad

Branigan
Jan 1, 2008

by DocEvil
ferrinus

Branigan
Jan 1, 2008

by DocEvil
i got class at 7:00 (10:00 in your heretical timezone) so i might have to bail early ferranus

Branigan
Jan 1, 2008

by DocEvil

Originally named Kakarotto (カカロット Kakarotto?, addressed as Kakarot in the English anime and spelled Kakarrot in the English manga),[28][29] Goku is born a member of a fictional race of extraterrestrials called Saiyans. Shortly following his birth, Goku is sent from his home, a fictional planet named Vegeta, to prepare Earth for sale on the intergalactic market by destroying all its life.[30] Due to an injury to his head that caused him severe amnesia, Goku forgets his purpose, and instead focuses on becoming stronger for little more than the pleasure of it.[30] In the beginning of the series, Goku meets a highly intelligent 16-year-old teenage girl named Bulma, the desert bandit Yamcha, and two shapeshifters named Oolong and Puar. He also encounters one of his closest friends, Krillin, and others during his training. Participating in various martial arts tournaments, Goku also battles foes-turned-allies such as Tien Shinhan and Chiaotzu, as well as Piccolo Daimao's offspring of the same name.

During his early adulthood, Goku meets his older brother, Raditz, an encounter that results in his death. Following the wish for his revival from the Dragon Balls, Goku continues to face other enemies thereafter linked to his heritage, such as Vegeta and even Frieza, who's actions force him to transform into a Super Saiyan. As the series continues, the focus on Goku's past is shifted away from as new enemies are introduced simply as threats to the fictional universe. After his encounter with Frieza, Goku trains his first child, Gohan, to be his successor. When the androids appear, Goku comes down with the heart virus that Future Trunks warned him about. Later on Goku sacrifices himself during the battle against the evil android Cell, leaving Gohan to succeed him. Goku returns to Earth seven years later from the afterlife and meets his second child, Son Goten. Shortly after he participates in the next martial arts tournament, however he is drawn into a battle for the universe against an extraterrestrial named Majin Buu. Goku also battles Vegeta after he is taken under control by Babidi, and the match ends in a draw. Goku then later on kills Buu with his Genki Dama technique. During the martial arts tournament held ten years after Buu's defeat, Goku meets Buu's human reincarnation, Uub, and takes off with him in the end of the story, intending to train him as a successor after realizing that his previous successor, Gohan, had prioritized his education over his fighting.

Ten more years later, Goku is transformed back into a child with a wish made by Emperor Pilaf using the Black Star Dragon Balls. Shortly after he, Trunks, and Pan all take a trip around the universe to locate the Black Star Dragon Balls and return them to Earth. Goku later battles the evil Baby, Super Android 17 and the evil shadow dragons. His final challenge is against Omega Shenron, who he eventually kills using the Genki Dama. Goku leaves with the original form of Shenron, only to appear 100 years later at the next martial arts tournament, where he is observing the battle between his descendant (Son Goku Jr.) and Vegeta's descendant (Vegeta Jr.). Goku's granddaughter Pan spots him, but he quickly departs.

code:
Kakarotto (Son Goku)
* Mercy, Gluttony
* Adamantine Arrow
* Obrimos

==========
ATTRIBUTES
==========
MENTAL			PHYSICAL		SOCIAL
Intelligence: 	1	Strength:	10	Presence: 	10
Wits:		4	Dexterity:	10	Manipulation: 	1
Resolve:	10	Stamina:	10	Composure: 	10

======
SKILLS
======
MENTAL (-3 Unskilled)	PHYSICAL (-1 Unskilled)	SOCIAL (-1 Unskilled)
Academics:	0	Athletics: 	10	Animal Ken: 	0
Computer:	0	Brawl: 		10	Empathy: 	10
Crafts: 	3	Drive: 		0	Expression: 	5
Investigation:	4	Firearms: 	0	Intimidation: 	0
Medicine:	2	Larceny: 	0	Persuasion: 	5
Occult: 	5	Stealth: 	0	Socialize: 	5
Politics: 	0	Survival: 	10	Streetwise: 	0
Science: 	0	Weaponry: 	10	Subterfuge: 	0

SPECIALTIES
-----------
* Brawl (Kung Fu)
* Athletics (Flight)
* Occult (Martial Arts)

==========
ADVANTAGES
==========
MERITS
------
Kung Fu (*****)
Iron Stanima (***)
Fast Reflexis (**)
Brawling Dodge (*)
Disarm (**)
Quick Healer (****)
Iron Stomach (*)
Iron Back (*)
Strong Lungs (*)
Allies (Z Fighters) (*****)
Fame (***)
Inspiring (****)
Status (Martial Arts) (*****)
Danger Sense (*)
Holistic Awareness (***)
Unseen Senses (***)
Meditative Mind (*)
Destiny (*****) Bane: Superman (Silver Age Only)

DERIVED TRAITS
--------------
* Health:	15
* Willpower:	20

* Initiative:	20
* Speed:	25
* Defense:	5

* Wisdom:	5
==============
SUPERNAL MAGIC
==============
GNOSIS: 10
---------
* Mana:				100 max, spend 15 per turn
* Base Paradox Pool:		5 dice
* Pattern Restoration/Scouring:	1 per day
* Ritual Casting:		1 roll per 1 minute
* Spell Tolerance:		10

ARCANA: 
------
Life 10, Forces 10, Space 10, Mind 10, Spirit 10

ROTES
-----
All of them

EXPERIENCE POINT EXPENDITURE

==============
CURRENT STATUS
==============
* Health:	[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
* Willpower:	20/20
* Mana:		100/100 (15/turn)

COMBAT VALUES
-------------
* Initiative:	20

* Defense:	5
* Armor:	1/0

* Speed:	25

ATTACK STATISTICS
-----------------
* Brawl (21 dice) (31 at max strength) (234 when using Kung Fu)

RESISTANCE DICEPOOLS
--------------------
* Stamina:	20 Dice
* Resolve:	20 Dice
* Composure:	20 Dice

OTHER DICEPOOLS
---------------
* Perception:		15
* Resonance Analysis:	6

=========
INVENTORY
=========