Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amykinz
May 6, 2007
My husband's birthday was today (St. Patrick's Day), so for the family get together, I made Guinness chocolate cake with Bailey's (italian and french) buttercream frosting and Jameson ganache. I made an Irish Cake Bomb.

No pictures as of right now, but the only person who didn't like it was a five year old because she only eats the frosting and it wasn't crisco and powdered sugar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amykinz
May 6, 2007

Robo Olga posted:

Any recommendations cake goons? What's the best dark chocolate cake you have made?

Smitten Kitchen Guinness Chocolate Cupcakes are pretty drat amazing. I made the 'cake' part of the recipe as a couple of nine inch rounds, not cupcakes, and it was moist and delicious, and didn't taste like beer. (Even though your house smells like a brewery when you're baking them). I made a Jameson ganache and irish cream swiss buttercream for my cake, but it would go well with anything.

Amykinz
May 6, 2007

Tenchrono posted:

Is there a good "yellow" cake recipe that anyone reccomends? I've only ever had cake from out of a box or pre-made and thought it would be cool to try making my own. What about Frosting also? Thanks.

Smitten Kitchen's Best Birthday Cake is what boxed yellow cakes aspire to be. It is SERIOUSLY good stuff. As for frosting, you have to have chocolate frosting with yellow cake. She gives two examples with her recipe, both are more fudgey dark frostings but you can find a whipped chocolate buttercream easily enough on the internet if you would prefer something lighter.

• Locked thread