Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Timo
Jul 12, 2001

Suit up!
So what's the deal with fondant? It seems like some people peel it off before eating the cake, but others leave it on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timo
Jul 12, 2001

Suit up!
Made four dozen of these for my two year old nephew's birthday party. He loves sharks.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Timo
Jul 12, 2001

Suit up!

PezMaster posted:

Also, if I was to start up a similar cookie-type thread, would people be into it? I finished fooling around with an amazing recipe, but I don't think it would be right to share it among so many super neat cakes.

The cakes and cupcakes here blow me away (especially d3rt's wife and Hauki's pic). Please start a cookie thread. I make them all the time. Just like any other heterosexual male would on a Saturday night.

Timo
Jul 12, 2001

Suit up!

Pooptron2003 posted:

How did you get it to bake in different colored lines like this? I know how to do the rainbow cake but this is striped....

I know some people put down something like parchment paper as dividers, pour the batter in, then pull the paper out.

• Locked thread