Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jarp Habib
May 15, 2005
And now for something different

Valentine's day surprise for my girlfriend. I spent the entire day working on this cake: Devils food and angel food cakes in alternating layers, with pink buttercream frosting. Each layer was baked in springform pans (the angel food turned out surprisingly well for not being in an "angel food cake pan") and then cut in half for additional layering. Overall height of cake topped out at just under 8 inches, times (1/2*9.5*pi^2) equals one hell of a lot of cake. It would have been taller if not for the compression of lower layers: i probably hit maximum height before needing structural support.

It was delicious. None of it came from box mix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarp Habib
May 15, 2005
And now for something different

Fight Club posted:

Holy crap. That looks awesome.

How long were you eating cake?

About a week. We even gave significant bits of it away to friends after inviting them over to eat cake.

• Locked thread