Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

beefnoodle posted:

No it sucks. But enjoy, I have Adblock :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Not So Fast posted:

How soon we forget, LF...

HD version:

http://www.vimeo.com/1223566?pg=embed&sec=1223566

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Captain Corny posted:

This thread is lacking hot debate chicks.

that is because SOMEONE forgot to put that in the title

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Brucie Banner posted:

omnomnomnomnom

shut up

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Text:

MAN SHOOTS HIMSELF IN FOOT 3 TIMES CLEANING GUNS

Princeton, W. Va. (AP) - A man accidentally shot himself in the right foot while cleaning each of three handguns, police said.

The 35-year old man was drinking beer Wednesday morning when he decided to clean his guns, according to a report filed by Mercer County Sheriff's Deputy Catron.

His .32 caliber handgun went off, but it "didn't hurt", so he finished cleaning the .32, then began cleaning his .280 caliber pistol, which also went off, said the report, which didn't name the man. That bullet "stung a little, but not too bad," Catron quoted the man as saying.

The man finished cleaning the .280 and then pulled out his .357 caliber pistol, only to shoot himself a third time. The man finally called an ambulance. Catron said the main told him the .357 shot "really hurt because the bullet was a hollow point".

Ishamael fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Nov 19, 2008

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

tacodaemon posted:

^^^^ i love those early color photos

http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/empire/

the early 20th century sometimes seems like it might as well have been hundreds of years ago

1900s-era clothes are a lot more colorful than you imagine when viewing them in b/w

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

NO BLOOD FOR MOHEL posted:

It's clever but the punchline needs to be smaller so you don't instantly read it then read the rest.

Agreed.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Black Nationalism posted:

Barry has aged in the last year and a half...

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Menacer posted:

i thought thats where the name came from

i was told it came from the fact that they look like caveman boots, and Ugg might be a caveman name

i have no idea if that is true

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Lamuella posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBoJDXW-ly0

THANK YOU SARAH PALIN FOR MAKING THE REPUBLICANS UNELECTABLE

wow

I kept waiting for a joke that never came

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Mr. Gone posted:

stop posting pictures of women you loving emotionally stunted testosterone driven mongoloids

men who like women :argh:

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Mr. Gone posted:

:gb2gbs:

oh mr gone you rascal

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Home alone

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin looks around her office filled with balloons and welcome home banners after she arrived at her office in Anchorage, Alaska on Friday Nov. 7, 2008, for the first time since she began campaigning as Sen. John McCain's vice presidential running mate.

LOTS OF BALLOONS

Ishamael fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Nov 25, 2008

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Blanche Devereaux posted:

can someone post that old rear end photo of the really handsome 19th century dude/prisoner who's just sitting there all nonchalant

Lewis Payne, one of the conspirators to assassinate President Lincoln.

http://www.shorpy.com/node/478

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Girl Robot posted:

:drat:

here is a triptych of pics of the same guy

http://www.shorpy.com/node/477?size=_original

shorpy is the best site ever

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

stubblyhead posted:

There's a memorial to the confederate dead in my hometown of Pensacola as well, very prominently placed downtown.

when Obama came to Raleigh he drew a crowd of 25,000 people less than 500 yards from the Monument to Our Confederate Dead

that's when I knew he would win

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

From the time thing:

Click here for the full 1018x688 image.

Siamoy, an Afghan woman from remote Badakhshan province in Afghanistan, feeds her one-month-old baby. The remote, mountain region has the highest maternity mortality rate in the world.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Cowcatcher posted:

shatner owns conservatives

that's pretty drat funny - is that show actually any good?

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

George Broussard posted:

respondindia (1 week ago) Show Hide

In Brittan the police can take your child upon falls allegation by women. They can hide your wife with social worker keep her away from you for one or two year helping her all way against men in return for sex. The community leader will keep there eye blind and let it go as it goes. POOR MEN. THERE IS NO ONE TO ASK THE BRITISH GOVERMENT ANY QUESTION. THE MIDYA WILL EGNOR THIS LIKE NOTHING IS HEPNING HERE IN BRATAIN.

respondindia (1 week ago) Show Hide

Now the women have got law by there side so she can behave the way she wants. PLEASE KILL THIS WOMEN BEFORE SHE GOES TO LAW IF YOU DON'T THE LAW WILL KILL YOUR ENTAIE FAMELY. IT IS BETTER TO PAY THE PRIZE IN PRISON THAN loving INDIAN AND BRITISH LAW WHICH ARE AT WOMEN SIDE.

respondindia (6 days ago) Show Hide

To patrick stewart, Women are provocative and have no dought there. Man is victim here.

respondindia (6 days ago) Show Hide

To patrick stewart,You document india as land of prostitute. What about BRATAIN PLEASE ANSWER.

i sure am glad web 2.0 allows us to interact with media in such meaningful ways, otherwise we would never know these fine people's insights into current events

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=213380&title=Strip-Maul

hell yeah jon

(starting at 3:40 is a nice recap of the US news reactions to Israel)

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

RBC posted:

I'd like to believe that reading this might help change some 'gently caress you got mine' minds, but I am doubtful.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Wiseblood posted:

oh it feels so good to not have Bush behind that desk, it's palpable

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Palintology posted:

aw poo poo, beaten :(

ahahahahaa

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

bilperkins2 posted:

LF hates middle class people

LF is made up of exclusively middle-class people

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Trig Discipline posted:

i have conflicted feelings about that picture because on one hand i'm like "isn't that sad, he just sits around in a small compartment drinking beer and watching other monkeys play games and have sex on TV" and then i look around me and hrm

:ssh: not a real monkey

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Mickey Eye posted:

It took me way too long to see the escalator in the upper right and figure out what the hell was going on here.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

raej posted:

i refuse to believe this is real

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Hedenius posted:

Believe it.

god drat it.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

sex offendin Link posted:

was anyone else trying to figure out who was protesting "turn on red" for a few seconds

:lol:

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Girl Robot posted:

I can't be the only one who thinks this is so overrated

i think its cool but i have seen it lots of times over the past few months

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Your Proud Pal posted:

http://www.vimeo.com/2544580

poo poo OWNS

the animator wrote:

Kirsten Lepore 4 months ago
I don't care so much for spiders, and I love meat. I'd say I am a proud member of the top of the food chain.
In the animation, the lengths to which the Dad goes to protect the life of this spider is supposed to be absurd to comical effect...however, I always opt to "cup" bugs and put them outside rather than squish 'em.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Luncheon Lobster posted:

идти на хуй

the biggest things i remember about visiting Lenin's tomb are how waxy he looked, and how heavily armed the guards were.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

don Jaime posted:

I always think he's terrified she's going to sit on him, and it makes me sad. A goddamn photoshop, and it depresses me every time.

it makes me laugh every time, because I always imagine the bird slowly peeking around and being awestruck by the rear end.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Tom Toddlesworth posted:

Sorry if it's been posted here, and I know it's pretty old but goddamn this is amazing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5MPkDV3gDU&feature=PlayList&p=F64F4AC130654C11&index=0&playnext=1

I have to respect that guy's ability to speak his rage in such a powerful and coherent manner.

That said, it is just rage, and as such he tends to mix his points. "You have lots of privileges thanks to the fact that your ancestors profited off horrible acts" = very true, needs to be said and understood. "You are not human" = idiotic.

Hate and rage only go so far.

But, I have to say, drat that guy lit her up brutally.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Nate Breakman posted:

i'm just going to point out again that he never drops a cuss and i could never do that

agreed

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Lemmi Caution posted:

anyway you are losing the thread, which is my ability to care about whether Hekel or Jeckel is worse.

an important thread to be sure

please tell us more about your cares

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I wonder what twain would think about the latest transformers movie

best quote about that movie, from flickfilosopher.com

MaryAnn Johanson posted:

I’m certain that someday it will be acknowledged that Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is like the most totally awesome artifact ever of the end of the American empire. It’s so us, a preposterously perfect reflection of who we are: loud, obnoxious, sexist, racist, juvenile, unthinking, visceral, and violent... and in love with ourselves for it. And Michael Bay is the high priest of our self-engrossment. It’s not enough that we like blowing poo poo up: the blowing poo poo up must be transubstantiated into something religious by having, say, a ridiculously gorgeous girl humping a motorcycle, her face aglow in the golden hour of sunset as she watches the poo poo get blown up, her glossy lips parted just a little in orgasmic joy.

What we have right here is the Easter Island statue of our legacy. People 1,000 years from now will gaze at Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen in wonder and mystery and marvel how we just couldn’t see. How could we not see?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

tacodaemon posted:

seriously auto-tune the news is getting better and better shout-outs to the gregory family (it's three brothers and one of them's wife who make the videos)

yeah I was getting sick of them but this new one is amazing