Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

SuperMarrio posted:

wtf is this poo poo

lightning, apparently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

crossposting this

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Home! posted:

can you make a banner similar to your afro one but with white people please

The afro collection was someone else's work. He just put it into banner form.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

LoRules posted:

science:

:unsmith:

metaphor for codename phoenix

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

A homeless guy who attacks people for consumerism
an awesome homeless guy who turns my liberal shame into money

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Saw A Dog Die posted:

Is there a source for these pics? I need to know more about this man.

It was some art show. I threw away my info on it when I couldn't find anything more by searching for the name and artist.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

minato posted:

The WSJ Picture of the Day has some pretty noice pics:

They finally got back around to running their Big Picture ripoff, did they? At least they're not so brazen as to actually call it The Big Picture like they did the first time.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Dude looks like a drug lord from an action movie.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Fogie posted:

Joe Bitin'

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

MrBigglesworth posted:

Does that make him a "Renegger"?

Actually it would make him a renegade

:c00lbert:

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Dear Molly Crabapple:
Talk to Kate Beaton to get fair warning everybody here is a creepy John Hinckley in the making

I mean we'd shoot Reagan just for the sake of shooting Reagan but we'd probably decide to pay tribute to some pretty lady when the press asked why

What I'm saying is don't waste your time on goons because we are terrible shut-ins

also marry me

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Another fake ad from the Yes Men's New York Times Special Edition:

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Veinor posted:

It's clever but the punchline needs to be smaller so you don't instantly read it then read the rest.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Buchanandorf posted:

most of lf browses while at work :ssh:

Yeah. What is it?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

welp.jpg

Click here for the full 959x685 image.

Zimbabwe is more progressive than the Republicans and some Democrats

Click here for the full 959x639 image.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Fred Breakfast posted:

I don't know why you bother posting that, his avatar is enough

his avatar isn't him

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

catch-all thread material, not pics
pro-read endorsement though:

Will Rogers posted:

From a recording released May 31, 1923, by Victor Records. The origins of the speech are unknown; Rogers may have been speaking before the annual convention of the American Bankers Association in 1922, in New York City. The document is included in The Papers of Will Rogers, Volume Four, published by the University of Oklahoma Press.

Loan sharks and interest hounds—I have addressed every form of organized graft in the United States, excepting Congress, so it’s naturally a pleasure for me to appear before the biggest. You are without a doubt the most disgustingly rich audience I ever talked to, with the possible exception of the bootleggers’ union, Local No. 1, combined with the enforcement officers.

Now, I understand that you hold this convention every year to announce what the annual gyp will be. I have often wondered where the depositors hold their convention. I had an account in the bank once, and the banker, he asked me to withdraw it. He said I had used up more red ink than the account was worth.

I see where your convention was opened by a prayer, you had to send outside your ranks to get somebody that knew how to pray. You should have had one creditor there; he’d have shown you how to pray. I noticed in the prayer the clergyman announced to the Almighty that the bankers were here. Well, it wasn’t exactly an announcement. It was more in the nature of a warning. He didn’t tell the devil, as he figured he knew where you all were all the time anyhow.

I see by your speeches that you’re very optimistic of the business conditions of the coming year. Boy, I don’t blame you. If I had your dough, I’d be optimistic too.

Will you please tell me what you all do with the vice presidents the bank has? I guess that’s to get anybody more discouraged before they can see the main guy. Why, the United States is the biggest business institution in the world. They got only one vice president. Nobody’s ever found anything for him to do.

You have a wonderful organization. I understand you have 10,000 here, and what you have in federal prisons brings your membership up to around 30,000. So goodbye, paupers. You’re the finest bunch of shylocks that ever foreclosed a mortgage on a widow’s home.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Buchanandorf posted:

um, "shylock" is just a general term for loan sharks, it isn't inherently antisemetic (unless you want to blame shakespeare for antisemetism)(which you would be partially right in doing)

fair game on "gyp" though

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Dirtyhat posted:

Back a page, but I think he's referring to "gross yearly product" the precursor to gdp. Makes sense in context and sheds the antisemitic flavour.

It's not anti-semitic. "Gyp" in the sense of stealing or cheating almost certainly derives from "gypsy" similar to someone saying they were "jewed" out of something.

I'm not saying Will Rogers was some bastard counterrvolutionary racist scumbucket -- dude could have been wholly unaware of the connotations of the word. Just that it's an unfortunate small blemish on a pretty awesome speech.

(pre-emptive "don't post 'ironic' anti-Roma poo poo you fuckhats, even if ryune shows up" post)

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Tailored Sauce posted:

You'd think some fancy bigthink clone with its own magazine would have the sense to include "www" when their site won't load without it.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Buchanandorf posted:

son i aint readin every page of this drat thread

he's saying you're dumb if you see a pink dress and pillbox hat and your first thought is Dr. Girlfriend.

I mean I like the Venture Brothers too but goddamn have some sense of history

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

majesticonion posted:

But that's Israel actually doing something right. The settlers are scum.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

edit: nm, found it

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Dec 8, 2008

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Shot this today maybe half a mile from here.

It's weird to me how much the graffiti community has latched onto Obama.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Dr. West posted:

Yeah man who would've guessed that graffiti artists would do murals of the first black president and a symbol of reversal from the poo poo-sucking racist policies of Reagan?

That would make sense if they had been making political stuff, but outside of the same stencil of GWB & crossbones that a few anarchists kids put here and there, there really hasn't been a lot of political graffiti out here.

I'm willing to bet it's a microcosm of graffiti scenes elsewhere: the odd small thing here or there and the suddenly Obama murals and wheatpastes and HOPE posters OBEY knockoffs etc all over the place

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Shubelmorgan (proletarian productions, the guy behind "That Hate Amerikkka Beat" and Maoist Third Worldism Salutes the Iraqi Resistance) has tons of great videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsYoAa2HrQ0&feature=channel_page - Guy considers John Brown an honorary Maoist for revolutionary violence against first world oppressors

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQGYpkxKZKI - On fake American Marxists

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKbEaZ-Jnws - Hate Amerikkka (with intro from Gen. William Westmoreland)

Guy actually seems to have some unaddressed sexism issues in that women factor VERY prominently in all his depictions of first-world parasitism that don't involve military, but they're still pretty good videos.

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Dec 11, 2008

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u68hvTGyYvY - Oh drat, this one...

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Springheeljim posted:

Where can I get his?

http://printliberation.com/index.php

Most of it's poo poo, IMHO, but this is pretty cool: http://printliberation.com/store.php?id=10#

A BIG BAG OF KEYS posted:

man i havent even looked at this thread since i made it. heres a picture of a fine troop!!!

My favorite thing about this is the first time I saw it was called something like "oohmansorryaboutthat.jpg"

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Anyone sitting on that Masque of Red Death cover of the New Yorker? I thought I had it, but no luck, and you can't do any kind of search for New Yorker covers without finding tons of people who somehow got around your search terms to talk about the loving Obama terrorist one.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Awesome, thanks.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Taear posted:

What ethnicity are the people with the really pale faces that appear in the end, are they dangerous chinamen

Secretary of Labor is Elaine Chao, so yeah

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Jesus, before reading the article I assumed some lazy web editor had just filled in a placeholder name and forgot to go back and replace it.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

23reasons posted:

the french

They set the standard for sexy revolution in 1968.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

thewoof posted:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCobaltAgent

Which one of you is this?

quote:

_____________♥
____________♥♥♥
___________♥♥♥♥♥
__________♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
_♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
__♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
___♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
____♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
___♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
__♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
_♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
__________♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
___________♥♥♥♥♥
____________♥♥♥
_____________♥

Proud supporter of God's chosen people

---[]---
---[]---
---[]---
[][][][]
---[]---
---[]---
---[]---
---[]---
---[]---

Proud Christian and believer in God's moral order

-- [] [] [] -- [] [] [] --

Proud patriot that will never forget 9/11

..._...|..__________ __________, , )
....../ `---___________---- _____|] ......
...../_==o;;;;;;;;__ _____.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

Proud believer in the right to defend life

|* * * * * * * * * *|----------------------|
|----------------------------- ---------------|

Proud American citizen

——————/´ ¯/)
—————--/—-/
—————-/—-/
———--/´¯/'--'/´¯`·_
———-/'/--/—-/—--/¨¯\
——--('(———- ¯~/'--')
———\————-'—--/
———-'\'————_-·´
————\———--(
————-\———--\

Proudly standing up to the enemies of freedom

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

what is his position regarding heaven

what is his stance on smashing

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

SplitSoul posted:

So they've already had time to get poo poo rolling today. Is this continentwide solidarity riot picking up anywhere?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Obviously when you wear that poo poo inside, it's political prop, but at least Salazar actually comes from a ranch family and he was the first in his family to graduate from college (maybe high school.)

But it's not a great big lie as much as it is the sartorial equivalent of MY DAD THE MILL WORKER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

mofolotopo posted:

post-financial crisis corporate logos

this is a good post where are these from