Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Entrigan
Oct 12, 2004

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Aquaman Atlantis wgah'nagl fhtagn
Does anyone have, or at least remember the file name, of the mugshot of some dude with a huge forehead that was all scratched up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

hypern posted:

I am looking for a flash file that was created by zthing and it's name was Let me see that shlong

This?

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Entrigan posted:

Does anyone have, or at least remember the file name, of the mugshot of some dude with a huge forehead that was all scratched up?

The guy that appears most on this page?

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=beavis+mugshot&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2

TheSleeper
Feb 20, 2003

Entrigan posted:

Do you mean Brian Peppers?

Entrigan
Oct 12, 2004

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Aquaman Atlantis wgah'nagl fhtagn

Combo posted:

The guy that appears most on this page?

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=beavis+mugshot&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2

Yes, that's the guy! Thank you.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Just have to ask again. Does anyone have the mp3 file of the guy calling tech support and rambling on and on like a psycho and using tech words that make no sense.

It came from this thread.

EDIT: Could someone who is able direct CheSera to this thread in the hopes they still have the mp3 of this!! I will be forever grateful!

ApexAftermath fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Dec 10, 2008

Wet Tie Affair
May 8, 2008

P-I-Z-Z-A

japii posted:

I'm looking for that S&M story of the guy who gets a girl to sign her life away to him and then he essentially tortures her for a really long time and then encases her in cement and buries her, but with a breathing and feeding apparatus so she can be kept alive down in the box. I wanna read it out loud to a group of friends and see what their reaction is. I'm pretty sure the story was called The Box, but google isn't bringing anything up.

Here you go:

http://www.asstr.org/files/Collections/Alt.Sex.Stories.Moderated/Year2001/33044

miasma blues
May 18, 2008

There fly those who didn't survive the winter.
It's going to be spring soon.
I can't find the Tetris theme song from the Atari 1024/1040 for the life of me. I couldn't even find a rom to play in an emulator.

BlpSoup
Jan 26, 2006

CaptainHairdo posted:

The flashloop is at http://giyganmage.deviantart.com/art/Lol-Internet-Flash-Version-85609967?offset=10, and it's based on the YTMND http://steamsteamlol.ytmnd.com/.

The YTMND site gives the song as Running in the Nineties by Max Coveri.

Right animation, wrong song.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Does anyone remember this one flash site where bands and movies and actors were connected by relevance or similarity? Like, each band was a bubble, and they were connected by lines, with the closer ones being more relevant, and the size of the bubble represented...something else I forget.

Ringing any bells? Is it still around?

Kelson
Jan 23, 2005

I NEED SCISSORS posted:

There used to be a video of a fake looking alien face saying, "THIS IS KRYLL". I can't find this video.. I've tried a bunch of social video sites and google but can't find it anywhere.. My friend is absolutely terrified of this video.

I know someone out there has to have Kryll.

gently caress youuuu - necromancy indeed

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

Feasting on the flesh of a recently killed zombie probably wasn't the smartest of moves
This is a long shot, someone on here used to make flash videos and had an avatar that looked like their character from their video (kind of flesh colored head, with a green colored shirt/body, black outlines). There were a couple of videos, one for his sisters birthday, a school paper on what you did over summer, one showing the progression of lectures leading up to school being out for summer, a two parter Christmas one, a new year’s one ,and a Halloween one.

The sisters birthday one starts off with him being born in 1970 or 70's Canada in a log cabin, complete with dinosaurs in the background, being hideous, then it cuts to his sister being born, nice and cute with text like Happy Birthday NAME.

The report on what you did over summer vacation is an in school essay. He starts writing and it cuts to his story of being a passenger? in the space shuttle when a box of North Koreans opens, kills the pilots and then he gets in a fight with the main character, who kills him. In the process the ship is damaged and he lands the space shuttle near an all catholic girls school, they come out to see him, it cuts to reality and he lets out a weak "Woohoo" and creeps out the girl next to him.

The progression of lectures is just him writing down more and more complex statements and equations as the days wear on, eyes getting sunken and a slight beard growing with the music getting more and more frantic and chaotic. Then a crescendo and the message on the board is simply "Enjoy Your Summer Vacation".

The Christmas one starts with some dumb kid getting a die cast model of a plane
(F4U Corsair?) and the father saying it is a gift from his granddad and that is the type of plane he used to fly during the war. It then cuts away to his grandfather shooting down two planes before being downed himself, a bit of uneasiness happens as one of the Japanese pilots survived. My memory isn't great but I think they stare each other down for a bit and then the granddad shoots the Japanese pilot, rummages through his stuff and finds a picture of the guys family. It then cuts back to the present with the kid saying that it is a stupid gift and becoming elated with his other wrapped one "Yay an I.C.P. CD".

The New Years one is a series of pledges he has such as to get a job (something or other), then get a better job (breast inspector), stop telling jokes offensive to every major religion, and at the end to never give up his fight against the BLANK people or BLANK monsters that want to steal his teeth, it then cuts to an image of an apology from his doctor with the text "BLANK is off his meds again (some more text), with the creator ranting about "that is just what they want you to think, then bam you wake up and you have no teeth, then what are you going to do, starve that is what".

The Halloween one stars with him waiting for the bus and a girl being scared by what shows up in her image bubble as a ghost, they date, fall in love, get married, have kids, grow old, she dies, him sitting lonely with another guy talking about things the miss (the other guy's image is feeding pigeons, main character’s his wife), finally the character dies. As a ghost he then spots a young woman near a young man where he first meets his wife and it cuts away.

I also seem to remember a video in which he passes a note to the girl he creeps out in the summer vacation video which causes he to blush, she then looks at it only to give him an angry look. It is then that the viewer in shown the note which reads "Do you like anal?" with the following answers next to checkboxes "Yes, No, Maybe?".

Anyone have these or remember the user that made them (He used to have the link to his webspace in his profile but I think it got taken down about 4 years ago)?

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
Anyone know where I can find the GBS thread about predictions for 2008? I'd like to see how close some of us got to the truth.

BeatSetRadio
Dec 5, 2004

Hey Sandy! Do you want to listen to some indie music with me? Perhaps we can read Pitchfork together?

Mr. Horrible posted:

There was an animated Star Trek TNG gif floating around SA a while ago that featured Barkley walking onto the bridge and speaking in ghetto slang about how Deanna Troi stuffs her bra. Anyone have it and/or have any idea where it came from?

This is a little late, but here you go! I still have it saved on my computer:

Apology
Nov 12, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

ApexAftermath posted:

Just have to ask again. Does anyone have the mp3 file of the guy calling tech support and rambling on and on like a psycho and using tech words that make no sense.

It came from this thread.

EDIT: Could someone who is able direct CheSera to this thread in the hopes they still have the mp3 of this!! I will be forever grateful!

I don't have your mp3 but it was really funny.

I'm looking for something similar, and chances are I won't get it. It was an answering machine message from somewhere between 1998 and 2000. It started out when someone posted the actual L.A. phone number on the internet and people began calling it just to hear the message. The message was an Asian man who started out very calmly saying, "If I know you, and you are my friend, please leave a message after the tone. But if I don't know you, then gently caress YOU, YOU NOT MY FRIEND, WHY YOU KEEP CALLING ME, YOU rear end in a top hat---" and on and on until the answering machine ran out of recording space.

I originally heard the message because a co-worker gave me a pink "While You Were Out" message that said "Call Mr. Wang" and had the phone number. It spread virally through similar "While You Were Out" messages and pagers, and every day that it went on it got even funnier because the line was so busy that people would spend half a day calling the number and getting a busy signal before they got through. Someone recorded it as a wav or mp3 and posted it (probably on Usenet) after the number was disconnected.

Anybody else remember this?

platero
Sep 11, 2001

spooky, but polite, a-hole

Pillbug

AcridWhistle posted:

This is a long shot, someone on here used to make flash videos and had an avatar that looked like their character from their video (kind of flesh colored head, with a green colored shirt/body, black outlines). There were a couple of videos, one for his sisters birthday, a school paper on what you did over summer, one showing the progression of lectures leading up to school being out for summer, a two parter Christmas one, a new year’s one ,and a Halloween one.

The sisters birthday one starts off with him being born in 1970 or 70's Canada in a log cabin, complete with dinosaurs in the background, being hideous, then it cuts to his sister being born, nice and cute with text like Happy Birthday NAME.

The report on what you did over summer vacation is an in school essay. He starts writing and it cuts to his story of being a passenger? in the space shuttle when a box of North Koreans opens, kills the pilots and then he gets in a fight with the main character, who kills him. In the process the ship is damaged and he lands the space shuttle near an all catholic girls school, they come out to see him, it cuts to reality and he lets out a weak "Woohoo" and creeps out the girl next to him.

The progression of lectures is just him writing down more and more complex statements and equations as the days wear on, eyes getting sunken and a slight beard growing with the music getting more and more frantic and chaotic. Then a crescendo and the message on the board is simply "Enjoy Your Summer Vacation".

The Christmas one starts with some dumb kid getting a die cast model of a plane
(F4U Corsair?) and the father saying it is a gift from his granddad and that is the type of plane he used to fly during the war. It then cuts away to his grandfather shooting down two planes before being downed himself, a bit of uneasiness happens as one of the Japanese pilots survived. My memory isn't great but I think they stare each other down for a bit and then the granddad shoots the Japanese pilot, rummages through his stuff and finds a picture of the guys family. It then cuts back to the present with the kid saying that it is a stupid gift and becoming elated with his other wrapped one "Yay an I.C.P. CD".

The New Years one is a series of pledges he has such as to get a job (something or other), then get a better job (breast inspector), stop telling jokes offensive to every major religion, and at the end to never give up his fight against the BLANK people or BLANK monsters that want to steal his teeth, it then cuts to an image of an apology from his doctor with the text "BLANK is off his meds again (some more text), with the creator ranting about "that is just what they want you to think, then bam you wake up and you have no teeth, then what are you going to do, starve that is what".

The Halloween one stars with him waiting for the bus and a girl being scared by what shows up in her image bubble as a ghost, they date, fall in love, get married, have kids, grow old, she dies, him sitting lonely with another guy talking about things the miss (the other guy's image is feeding pigeons, main character’s his wife), finally the character dies. As a ghost he then spots a young woman near a young man where he first meets his wife and it cuts away.

I also seem to remember a video in which he passes a note to the girl he creeps out in the summer vacation video which causes he to blush, she then looks at it only to give him an angry look. It is then that the viewer in shown the note which reads "Do you like anal?" with the following answers next to checkboxes "Yes, No, Maybe?".

Anyone have these or remember the user that made them (He used to have the link to his webspace in his profile but I think it got taken down about 4 years ago)?

That's Luxmore!
http://www.mediatyrant.com/

Cant Build Here
Jan 9, 2006
Gentlemen, for ages I have been searching the web for the old midi files for when you surfed on your Webtv. After years of searching, I present to you: THE WEBBIE ZONE!

YouDummy
Jun 24, 2005

Cant Build Here posted:

Gentlemen, for ages I have been searching the web for the old midi files for when you surfed on your Webtv. After years of searching, I present to you: THE WEBBIE ZONE!

People actually listened to those? I still wanna rehear the one when logging in, while you travel up the 'information superhighway'.

Edit: The one listed as "Dialing WebTV" isn't it, not even close.

Double edit: It was the one listed as 'Dialing WebTV' here http://norbert26.com/midi_2/, but a lot longer.

YouDummy fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Dec 10, 2008

AcridWhistle
Aug 20, 2003

Feasting on the flesh of a recently killed zombie probably wasn't the smartest of moves

platero posted:

That's Luxmore!
http://www.mediatyrant.com/

Thanks a ton.

Balls of Adonis
Aug 2, 2004
I remember a single pane comic was posted a couple months ago and I saved it but I have since lost it.

It was just a figure and the words saying something like "don't be afraid to make wrong turns and open closed doors" or something like that against a dark blue background with stars. I thought it was kinda cool, hope someone saved it.

Aegri Somnia
Sep 19, 2006

by Fragmaster
Looking for what was pegged as "The last Calvin and Hobbes" strip. It was proven to be a fake, I think, but I'd still like to see it again.

It has the pair walking through the forest, and at the end Calvin says, "Hobbes?" He sees Hobbes as a stuffed tiger. He says "Oh well, I guess he'll catch up" and walks off.

EDIT: It gets talked about in this thread

CaptainHairdo
Nov 19, 2005
"You should really be doing some research rather than browsing the forums in your underwear."
\
:backtowork:

Aegri Somnia posted:

Looking for what was pegged as "The last Calvin and Hobbes" strip. It was proven to be a fake, I think, but I'd still like to see it again.

It has the pair walking through the forest, and at the end Calvin says, "Hobbes?" He sees Hobbes as a stuffed tiger. He says "Oh well, I guess he'll catch up" and walks off.

EDIT: It gets talked about in this thread

Is this what you're looking for?

Click here for the full 900x215 image.

Aegri Somnia
Sep 19, 2006

by Fragmaster

CaptainHairdo posted:

Yep, thanks!

slightpirate
Dec 26, 2006
i am the dance commander
There was a flash game a few years back that was pretty much a weird puzzle box. It included parts that had you hit different glyphs that allowed you to move forward in the puzzle. I remember it being a really dark colored cube and the glyphs letting out blue lines when you hit them.

Anyone have a clue what I'm talking about?

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

slightpirate posted:

There was a flash game a few years back that was pretty much a weird puzzle box. It included parts that had you hit different glyphs that allowed you to move forward in the puzzle. I remember it being a really dark colored cube and the glyphs letting out blue lines when you hit them.

Anyone have a clue what I'm talking about?

The Dark Room?

modeski
Apr 21, 2005

Deceive, inveigle, obfuscate.
Those of you over a certain age will remember The Net with Sandra Bullock. Prominently featured was a website called Mozart's Ghost. It had either a skull or a skeleton and an embedded sound file that said "Welcome to Mozart's Ghost, the gnarliest site on the Internet" (Or words to that effect).

I seem to remember that at least one person recreated that side on the actual web. If anyone knows of it I would be a happy bastard.

Ambler
Aug 28, 2003
The ghost who ambles.
I remember reading about a web-based game, in which you fought web pages. Apparently the content, layout etc of a website generated a monster, which you could fight, loot and so forth. I read that it was taken down because it became too popular for the owner to maintain, and because people were custom-crafting web pages in order to get good loot etc.

I searched recently, and was unable to even find an article referencing this game, let alone the name or any details of the game itself.

If anyone can remember and knows what I'm talking about, I'd bet it would be someone here!

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Ambler posted:

I remember reading about a web-based game, in which you fought web pages. Apparently the content, layout etc of a website generated a monster, which you could fight, loot and so forth. I read that it was taken down because it became too popular for the owner to maintain, and because people were custom-crafting web pages in order to get good loot etc.

I searched recently, and was unable to even find an article referencing this game, let alone the name or any details of the game itself.

If anyone can remember and knows what I'm talking about, I'd bet it would be someone here!

ForumWarz?

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

CaptainHairdo posted:

When I see that, I can't help but post the other ones i've found. I think it was mostly a game of one-upmanship as someone tried to ruin Calvin and Hobbes, and then someone made it better, and then it happened again. The last one just makes me smile.

Aciid c0d3r
Jun 21, 2008
"Shouldn't you be out mowing the lawn, or spending time with your wife?"
\
:backtowork:

Yarn and Magic posted:

I've been looking for this image for a while:
It is of a policeman (I believe) doing hand signals but the explanations of what the motions mean have been replaced with silly ones.

This one?
(split in two 'cause its ginormous.)

Click here for the full 644x1907 image.

Click here for the full 643x1937 image.

uberknarf
Dec 9, 2004
no hat. no underwear. no problem.

FrensaGeran posted:

Does anyone remember this one flash site where bands and movies and actors were connected by relevance or similarity? Like, each band was a bubble, and they were connected by lines, with the closer ones being more relevant, and the size of the bubble represented...something else I forget.

I don't have the exact one you're speaking of, but I do have one alternative. Allmusic.com used to have a cloud tool as well, but it disappeared with one of their updates. It seems to me that Pandora employed something similar for a while, though it's no longer available to Canucks like me. Anyway, here's another which might suit your purposes:

I've got a request as well. I came across a picture of what looked like a theater-style undergrad lecture hall (staggered seating, each row on a progressively higher level). The entire class, probably 100 people or more, all had Mac laptops, save for one poor soul. This guy had a Dell or Compaq or something like that, and the point of the picture was to have him singled out (the only one without the glowing apple). Anyone know what I'm talking about?

uberknarf fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Dec 13, 2008

uberknarf
Dec 9, 2004
no hat. no underwear. no problem.

AcridWhistle posted:

Not sure if this is all of them, or who made them.

[Star Wars edited clips]

The trash compactor door is the best.

And another post - These are hilarious... Where did they come from? And why?

Duckandor
Aug 7, 2006

uberknarf posted:

I've got a request as well. I came across a picture of what looked like a theater-style undergrad lecture hall (staggered seating, each row on a progressively higher level). The entire class, probably 100 people or more, all had Mac laptops, save for one poor soul. This guy had a Dell or Compaq or something like that, and the point of the picture was to have him singled out (the only one without the glowing apple). Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Saw this in YOSPOS don't have an unaltered one :(

otaku69
May 18, 2003
there was an animated series staring ted kennedy and bill clinton this had to be pre 2000

TheSleeper
Feb 20, 2003

otaku69 posted:

there was an animated series staring ted kennedy and bill clinton this had to be pre 2000

ok thanks for the heads up man anything else you want to let me know

Prof. Numbers
Dec 8, 2008

I'm a genius! *ow*

uberknarf posted:

This was at the Mizzou (University of Missouri at Columbia) school of journalism. IIRC they require you to use Mac software.

YouDummy
Jun 24, 2005

FrensaGeran posted:

Probably http://www.liveplasma.com/

pandaid
Feb 9, 2004

RAWR

an omnibus posted:

The internet is old enough now that there are times when, even if I google a lot or use archive.org, I can't find some piece of junk I used to love.

For instance, I'm looking for a really stupid old mp3 that was an X-Files techno remix. I don't remember much from it, except that at one point the "composer" cut together audio from scully saying: "MULDER! MULDER! (We are not alone.) MULDER! MULDER! (We are not alone.)" If anyone has this mp3, I'd love a copy.

What other random internet crap have you lost? It's gotta be out there somewhere. I'll try to help locate stuff too, although the most obscure thing I have is TAOC TEH WODNER DOUGH's noonecouldgetin.mp3 -- which everyone here probably has.

I can't believe I'm doing this, but I didn't see anyone supply this in the first 2 pages. If it's a duplicate sorry. Couldn't believe I had this, and couldn't believe someone else remembered this from the 90s.

http://www.upload-mp3.com/pfiles/41085/Terrestres-%20Trust%20No%20One.mp3

Linus Torvalds
Dec 6, 2007
Charlie Hebdo India Charlie Kiklo
I'm looking for those videos of Santana and some other artists performing live, but dubbed over with horrible sound check like instrument jamming.

It was featured here once, but I can't for the life of me find it.

...does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Edit: Thanks, you're the greatest! VVVVVVVVVVVV

Linus Torvalds fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Dec 14, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YouDummy
Jun 24, 2005

Linus Torvalds posted:

I'm looking for those videos of Santana and some other artists performing live, but dubbed over with horrible sound check like instrument jamming.

It was featured here once, but I can't for the life of me find it.

...does anyone know what I'm talking about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BrLEuzVCVQ

Edit: There's a site to links to a handful of them:

http://www.stsanders.com/

Plus I'm listing this one as it's not listed there, and it's my favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw5oJoUYTb8

YouDummy fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Dec 14, 2008

• Locked thread