Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx
There was a site around 2000 called somerandomguy.com. He was mostly famous for his DBZ & Gundam Wing Rewrites, and his FF6 walkthrough. It went down soon thereafter, when the owner decided he wanted to move on to other comedy writing projects.

I've found a somewhat complete archive of the site (http://www.theomniverse.com/somerandomguy/index.shtml if anyone else wants to revisit the days when jokes about Gundam Wing were still considered fresh.) However, I never did find out what these projects were that Somerandomguy moved on to. There's a pre-collegiate nerd within me that wants to see what ever became of SRG's work, and I'd like to indulge him. It's a long shot, but do any goons happen to know what became of Somerandomguy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Ambler posted:

I remember reading about a web-based game, in which you fought web pages. Apparently the content, layout etc of a website generated a monster, which you could fight, loot and so forth. I read that it was taken down because it became too popular for the owner to maintain, and because people were custom-crafting web pages in order to get good loot etc.

I searched recently, and was unable to even find an article referencing this game, let alone the name or any details of the game itself.

If anyone can remember and knows what I'm talking about, I'd bet it would be someone here!

ForumWarz?

• Locked thread