Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«125 »
Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007

VANQUISH THE GLOBALISTS

Saukkis posted:

Sounds like that has been fixed in 1.14.1077.45, VB-35695. "CTRL+ENTER in address bar deletes last typed character"

Glad it's fixed. That bug basically completely broke control enter. And even worse gmai.com is some spam site and it starts wanting to go there instead of gmail.com because its shorter and you visited before, took me a while to notice you can delete Visited addresses with the X in the dropdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Two all-concrete blocks, fortress-like, bricks, steel, stone, glass on an exposed foundation.

Lipstick Apathy

I have just downloaded Vivaldi and set it as my primary browser.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle!

I keep trying to want to use vivaldi as a secondary browser, but it keeps getting hung for seconds at a time just ~processing~ something.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007

VANQUISH THE GLOBALISTS

Hmm I still have the problem with 1.14.1077.45
If I type too fast to a URL I've been too before, the last character just gets selected and eaten up. I think it's unrelated to the Ctrl Enter bug but similar.

After typing the letters g-m-a-i-l into address bar

Finishing it with (dot)-c-o-m

Funny thing is, gmail.com is only address I can replicate this with. Like some sort of lag while typing it causes the L I type to not be recognized as typed. Submitted it as a bug report.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Two all-concrete blocks, fortress-like, bricks, steel, stone, glass on an exposed foundation.

Lipstick Apathy

New Vivaldi update adds bookmark separators which is very important to me.

FSMC
Apr 27, 2003
I love to live this lie

I was having problems with pretty much the only gestures plug-in for chrome so through I'd give Opera another go and WOW! The inbuilt gestures are as good as they used to be and overall it's very nice, the support for chrome plug-ins is pretty useful.

Over the last 15 years or so Opera was my main browser due to mouse gestures but I stopped using it over they screwed up mouse gestures completely (around the time they the move over to the chromium backed), so it's nice to know they are back on form.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Vivaldi has had the same gestures my muscle memory was used to for years, it's mostly what got me to switch of my legacy O12 versions who kept falling apart on javascript/video heavy pages. Its tab grouping and management from the new sidebar is almost on par with the old Opera as well.

There's some leaky behavior in certain use cases with hundreds of memory heavy tabs, but hibernation is a fantastic way to keep tabs as low profile short-term soft-bookmarks and a restart every week takes care of that.

I've run into a few other issues as well, but they're mostly nitpicks (like why is copying from the address bar so drat finnicky?) at this point.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

RoadCrewWorker posted:

I've run into a few other issues as well, but they're mostly nitpicks (like why is copying from the address bar so drat finnicky?) at this point.
Yeah have no idea how this even becomes a problem in the first place. Right click menu copy always works at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

There's also the persistent annoyance with the otherwise amazing tab stack management where moving a stack into another one will completely scramble the manual sort orders of both with no apparent rhyme or reason, which i'm pretty sure wasn't a thing in 12. Doing it via the tabs panel is fine, but somehow using the top bar has unpredictable behavior.

«125 »