Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

Hope they bring out a new version soon. I keep having weird bugs like middle click scroll not working (middle click and drag your mouse up and down), enter not working in the address field and backspace erasing entire words instead of individual characters.

Restarting my browser usually sorts it out, but it's annoying regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
I've had that random, infrequent breaking of middle click scroll thing for forever. :( Most of the time it's fine, but on occasion it just won't work in a certain tab until I refresh that tab and then it's fine.

thrawn86
May 26, 2006

Sure, I got a secret. More than one...

Lakitu7 posted:

I don't really know what to say besides "whichever one you're not using"? Look at whatever shortcut and see. If the point is that there's multiple in add/remove programs and you can't tell which corresponds to which, I'd just kill it manually.

well that was my point. under program files I have "opera 11" and "opera 11 alpha". Under add/remove programs I have "opera 11.00" and "opera 11.00". Just wanted to save the hassle of transferring over my sessions and everything. In the end I just picked one and got lucky.

MeKeV
Aug 10, 2010
If I enter an url as
code:
http://user:pass@address:port
should I still be getting the username/password box pop up? Because I am.

Reith
Jul 23, 2007
An 11.01 snapshot was released earlier. People are saying mouse gestures are finally fixed, so I'm definitely trying this one out.

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
Excellent. I'm upgrading now too. Thanks.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Hah, last time I checked this thread was before Version 11.00 was released.

Something that's been bothering me for the longest time in Opera is the inability to drag-and-drop images. Like, in Chrome of Firefox clicking and dragging an image to a folder will save it, but in Opera I always have to Save As and DirectFolders it, which is getting annoying - sometimes I open the image in a new tab (in Opera) and then use Opera's built in Open in -> Google Chrome because that's faster. Is it just a simple option that I've blindly missed?

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
I've had a minor annoyance with the email client in Opera. There is a ghost email under All messages -> Received. It says 1 is unread even though all emails are read. :ghost:
I tried this and it didn't work.
Anyone have any ideas? I could try deleting all the email databases and redownload everything but I'd rather not since I have 10000+ emails saved across multiple accounts.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Activate all the entries in the "view" menu so it isn't hiding any newsletters or whatever. Also, try restarting the browser. Mine is always a bit sluggish in updating the number on "All Messages".

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~

Mithaldu posted:

Activate all the entries in the "view" menu so it isn't hiding any newsletters or whatever. Also, try restarting the browser. Mine is always a bit sluggish in updating the number on "All Messages".

That did the trick, thanks :)

Cosmopolitan
Apr 20, 2007

Rard sele this wai -->
Has anyone on Linux experienced any connectivity problems with the newest build? The warning made me wary of upgrading on this build.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Why do some websites look like this? Opera 11.00, on Vista Ultimate x64 SP2:

nfl.com

Click here for the full 1311x1009 image.

nhl.com

onionsportsnetwork.com

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Steve Moore posted:

Why do some websites look like this? Opera 11.00, on Vista Ultimate x64 SP2:

nfl.com

nhl.com

onionsportsnetwork.com

Try disabling all extensions and GreaseMonkey scripts.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I have none installed.

MeKeV
Aug 10, 2010
Checked fit to width and small screen settings?

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Steve Moore posted:

Why do some websites look like this?
Disable fit to width in your view menu.

Those sites are using some silly tricks with long images to implement the moving slideshows, so forcing opera to compact that into 100% screen width fucks that stuff up.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Thanks guys, watching the game now but I will check that later today.

EDIT: Yep, that was it.

TITTIEKISSER69 fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jan 16, 2011

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
On Ubuntu, when I cycle tabs with RMB-scroll wheel, I have to click on the tab list before it actually shows the tab I want. Does this happen to anyone else?

If I use "Cycle without showing list", It changes the tab immediately. Unfortunately it cycles the tabs in tab bar order instead of recently used order :(

sbt
Jan 13, 2006

squonk
Tortured By Flan

Wheany posted:

On Ubuntu, when I cycle tabs with RMB-scroll wheel, I have to click on the tab list before it actually shows the tab I want. Does this happen to anyone else?

If I use "Cycle without showing list", It changes the tab immediately. Unfortunately it cycles the tabs in tab bar order instead of recently used order :(

Me too, on Debian. I filed a bug a few days ago.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

How can I permanently set the view to 190% view? In the Settings->Preferences menu it goes 150-180-200%

molinari
May 13, 2005

Steve Moore posted:

How can I permanently set the view to 190% view? In the Settings->Preferences menu it goes 150-180-200%

opera:config#UserPrefs|Scale

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

molinari posted:

opera:config#UserPrefs|Scale

:cool:

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Opera seems to load specifically the SA forums tremendously slow for me, especially the forums front page. Often it just hangs at elements 9/9 or 11/11 or whatever for a good 15 seconds. Any idea on what is going on here?

edit: On the YOU JUST MADE A POST! ON THE INTERNET!!! it stopped on 17/18 for 10 seconds it's infuriating :mad:

edit2: it hangs on so many sites I have to go back to firefox just to use the internet properly :(

Dante fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jan 23, 2011

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
That's not normal (at least, not in modern builds). Try moving your profile folder to reset everything and see if that makes it go away. If you're still using something pre-11.0, update.

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER
I made the switch to 11 the other day and I pretty much hate the mouse gestures now. All my familiar (and more or less muscle memory by now) motions no longer work right and I end up closing windows, advancing to the front page of websites, or shrinking my active tab by accident all the time. :confused: I've fiddled with the settings a bit in the config page but just can't seem to get it right. What did they change and how can I get my gestures to work right again? All I want to do is refresh a page! :ohdear:

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

Have you tried getting the very latest version of Opera? They're not guaranteed to be stable and entirely bug-free, but I heard they reverted how the gestures work back to the way they did in Opera 10 some "snapshots" ago.

You can find the updates here. http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/

I usually always upgrade to the latest version available without any noticeable problems.

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
Mouse gestures were reverted in the new builds right after 11.0 (they really should have waited, I think).

Normally I'd say go get a new build but they're doing 11.01 RCs today, so now you might as well wait and get 11.01 final when it arrives within the next 12 hours or so.

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

Lakitu7 posted:

Mouse gestures were reverted in the new builds right after 11.0 (they really should have waited, I think).

Normally I'd say go get a new build but they're doing 11.01 RCs today, so now you might as well wait and get 11.01 final when it arrives within the next 12 hours or so.

Gotcha. This has been driving me bugshit for the past few days.

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
11.01 final is out
http://www.opera.com/browser/

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
11.01 final is out (build 1190). whee.

Includes "some mouse gesture tweaking" for those who were interested. And crash fixes are always good.

(efb)

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
So does Gmail not work in 11.01? I've never had any problems with it before.

edit: to clarify, it hangs once the bar finishes loading, then offers the HTML view after a while.

Stevie Lee fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jan 28, 2011

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

Stevie Lee posted:

So does Gmail not work in 11.01? I've never had any problems with it before.

edit: to clarify, it hangs once the bar finishes loading, then offers the HTML view after a while.

Clear your cookies. Worked for me the last time this happened.

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Rocco sez: Oh man, what a bummer. Woof.

Is 'paste and go' still available? Way back when it used to be invoked by ctrl b, but that hasnt worked in quite some time. Also, text contained within [spoiler] tags is visible to me. I can see that they're supposed to be blacked out, but they arent. For some reason, highlighting the spoilered text actually blacks it out. Anyone know how to fix this? Running 10.63 but both of these issues have been going on for a few versions now.
*edit* Just updated to 11.01 and the spoiler problem is fixed. Anyone know how to get paste and go back if it's even still available?

Mr. Clark2 fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jan 28, 2011

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

Mr. Clark2 posted:

Is 'paste and go' still available? Way back when it used to be invoked by ctrl b, but that hasnt worked in quite some time. Also, text contained within [spoiler] tags is visible to me. I can see that they're supposed to be blacked out, but they arent. For some reason, highlighting the spoilered text actually blacks it out. Anyone know how to fix this? Running 10.63 but both of these issues have been going on for a few versions now.

Ctrl-Shift-V is the more recent default "Paste and go", and you can change the shortcut in the preferences in Advanced -> Shortcuts. There's also a "Opera 9.2 compatible" set of keyboard shortcuts you can just switch to wholesale.

You should also upgrade to v11 for security reasons, especially now that the big hangup people had with v11 (the mouse gestures) has been fixed. This will hopefully solve the spoiler text problem; if it doesn't, then your best bet is to back up your bookmarks (using Opera Link or export or whatever), wipe out your profile folder, and start over with a fresh configuration.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Mr. Clark2 posted:

*edit* Just updated to 11.01 and the spoiler problem is fixed. Anyone know how to get paste and go back if it's even still available?

I had the spoiler problem, and fixed it by unchecking Fit To Width (which fixed other problems for me).

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Heresiarch posted:

Clear your cookies. Worked for me the last time this happened.

It still doesn't work. Another new issue I'm having with 11.01 is that it refuses to stay as the default browser, it asks me every time I start it up. The program that's replacing it (K-Meleon), hasn't even been run in months. Opera doesn't show up in the options for default browser in Windows 7 anymore.

Where can I download 11.00? The only issue I had with that was the crashing when favoriting a YouTube video.

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
I'm not sure that that's really the best solution, but if nowhere else you can find their old stuff here:
ftp://ftp.opera.com/pub/opera/win/

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Thanks! Just downgraded to 11.00 (installed over 11.01), and Gmail works as great as ever, and Opera shows up in the default programs list again.

Not sure what the deal with 11.01 was. I'll wait for the next version.

Bret Hart
Nov 28, 2010

Will there ever be a feature such as firefox's "NoScript" for Opera?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Bret Hart posted:

Will there ever be a feature such as firefox's "NoScript" for Opera?
General: F12, Disable Plugins/Javascript
Per site: right click, Edit Site preferences, 'Scripting' tab
Or does that not go far enough?