Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reith
Jul 23, 2007
Visual mouse gestures with no option to disable them is driving me nuts. I wish I had skipped this most recent beta.

Also, are mouse gestures still acting up for anyone else or is it just me? Because I'm about ready to just use 10.63 again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reith
Jul 23, 2007

YggiDee posted:

Now that I've a new computer with Windows 7, I've been thinking of checking out my other browser options; can Opera have Adblock and vertical tabs? I feel naked without vertical tabs.
You can either try the Adblock extension (which I've heard mixed things about) or import the Fanboys Adblock list into Opera's built-in content blocker, which I've always done. It works great.

Reith
Jul 23, 2007
An 11.01 snapshot was released earlier. People are saying mouse gestures are finally fixed, so I'm definitely trying this one out.

Reith
Jul 23, 2007

Kevin Bacon posted:

I really have to recommend the ExtendTube extension.

It adds a whole bunch of optional functionality and changes to the youtube player and page. You can choose to add a loop button, you can choose to add a button that lets you play or pause videos even while in a different tab, you can hide the comments section, you can force video quality and so on and so forth. There's a whole bunch of stuff you can do with it.

You can find it here: https://addons.opera.com/addons/extensions/details/extendtube/1.6/

On a different note, there's a new RC out: http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/2011/04/11/rc41
Oh my god, ExtendTube is amazing. Thanks for posting that. Got any others you wanna throw out there?

Reith
Jul 23, 2007
Man am I ever glad I finally decided to jump ship back to Firefox before Opera 12 went final.

It's really a shame; Opera has a lot of potential, but there are just too many hiccups and other little quirks that never seem to get fixed properly.

Reith
Jul 23, 2007

Doom Goon posted:

So Opera is changing their My Opera thing over to a new blog format, and getting rid of their user blogging platform. If you follow a feed or (for whatever reason) have an old blog you might want to update or save it before March. They're also discontinuing their My Opera email. For basically everything else (Link is probably the big one, but forums, add-on comments, etc.) the My Opera account information will work as the new Opera account, which is pretty much how it works already.

Opera's definitely, ah, getting streamlined, I'll give them that.

Seriously? Man, gently caress Opera. I knew I was stupid to use their email service.

Luckily I always kept Gmail as my main, but now I have a few things tied up in my Opera email that would be very difficult to move over.

Reith
Jul 23, 2007

Riso posted:

Oh great, reimplementing things Chrome had for ages.

Which brings me to the question I've been wondering for months: why on earth would they expect anyone to use Opera if they keep going at this rate?

It's a more unstable version of Chrome with less features than ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reith
Jul 23, 2007
I use Firefox (currently 25.0) and it centers images for me... does it not do the same for you?