Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alltoohuman
Jul 26, 2007

Shut up, Marx.
I'm having issues with a few sites, where a page will never finish loading and my mousewheel will not scroll the page. Once I click "stop", the page will immediately carry out all of the scrolling I was attempting.

So far I've seen it on huffingtonpost.com, occasionally here in the forums, and a few miscellaneous others. Anyone have any idea what could be causing it? Using 10.01. I've double-checked that this doesn't happen on those sites in FireFox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alltoohuman
Jul 26, 2007

Shut up, Marx.

ColdPie posted:

Are you using Linux? There's an issue with the latest version of Qt and Opera <10.10 which hit me on my Linux box. Upgrading to 10.10 should fix it, so just do that. You can override it with some environment variables, and I can dig up that info if you want, but you should really just upgrade.

If you're not on Linux, then I don't know.

Actually not on Linux for this particular issue, though since I updated to 10.10 it hasn't recurred so far in any case. Here's hoping...

alltoohuman
Jul 26, 2007

Shut up, Marx.

Casao posted:

Like to point out that the ad blocking in the OP completely prevented this issue for me on 3 different machines.

Why aren't you all using it?

Because I am a fool. Thank you, Casao: you have enriched us all.

alltoohuman
Jul 26, 2007

Shut up, Marx.

Sergeant Hobo posted:

Awesome. Work is canceled again today and the 10.5 beta is out.

Just installed it. This new javascript engine is all that Opera needed to be the definitive best--though here's hoping things get worked out with the whole h.264 issue at some point.

alltoohuman
Jul 26, 2007

Shut up, Marx.

Greenfield posted:

My googling is lacking. I can't find the answer to this. How do I get links to open in a new tab from the Speed Dial page. If I click on a link now it opens in the same tab. I would just like the speed dial page to be my first tab, and always have it there.

Middle click.

alltoohuman
Jul 26, 2007

Shut up, Marx.

Greenfield posted:

I didn't have setpoint installed. I just installed it after alltoohuman said middle click would open new tab. It doesn't work either way. It just changes how smooth the scroll wheel goes.

It should definitely open what you click on in a new tab. Witness:

alltoohuman
Jul 26, 2007

Shut up, Marx.
I've been having an annoying problem since I upgraded to the 10.50 versions (now on RC4): on SA the links that appear that take you to the first new post in a thread aren't working for me except for the first time after I clear the disk cache; they just keep bringing me back to that same post. Is this happening for anyone else or am I just stupidly missing a setting?

alltoohuman
Jul 26, 2007

Shut up, Marx.

Ape Agitator posted:

No, that's been an ongoing problem. Someone even came up with a SA-specific solution for it.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3007354&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=34#post372503546

Thanks!

Mithaldu posted:

I've had it on Windows 7 for a while. But with all those new RCs and whatnot i can't even remember if it's still an issue. Posting also resets it.

I'm getting it on XP. Not sure what's going on--it never happened for me until I went to 10.50.

alltoohuman
Jul 26, 2007

Shut up, Marx.

DuckConference posted:

This is getting annoying. Both of these links crash Opera 10.5 a few second after opening them:

http://i-r-squared.blogspot.com

http://www.calculatedriskblog.com

Didn't crash on either for me. Could be due to an ad that's blocked for me, I suppose; are you using either of the adblock lists from the OP?

Edit: Apparently not. Just moved my urlfilter.ini after closing, and didn't get a crash after reopening, either.

alltoohuman fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Mar 5, 2010

alltoohuman
Jul 26, 2007

Shut up, Marx.
Worth checking. Would check it out now, except I'm on crappy ole' XP until I leave the office.

alltoohuman
Jul 26, 2007

Shut up, Marx.
Uh, never mind what Mithaldu said, in that case. I refuse to help anyone make Opera so ugly. What did it ever do to you?

alltoohuman
Jul 26, 2007

Shut up, Marx.
It's also worth noting that a lot of the problems that people have in this thread turn out to be due to odd settings and userjs and other miscellaneous whatnot. In other words, the sort of people who use Opera are the same sort who tinker with things and sometimes break them on their own. Linuxy people, but not necessarily in the bad way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alltoohuman
Jul 26, 2007

Shut up, Marx.

feld posted:

New build released today doesn't have anything related to it in the changelog, but it now works. I have one coworker that also had the issue. But now I'm wondering if it is something obscure or related to our similar setups.... perhaps i'm on drugs...

:sweep:

move along....

Actually it does have one big fix--the awful bug in 10.60 that made it impossible to edit events in Google Calendar.