Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FWT THE CUTTER
Oct 16, 2007

weed

Kevin Bacon posted:

Is there a way to turn off the automatic text box focus in google search? That thing really fucks with me when I want to switch tabs with the 1 and 2 keys.

Right click > Edit site preferences > Scripting > [ ] Enable JavaScript.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FWT THE CUTTER
Oct 16, 2007

weed
In Opera I had two different mouse gestures for closing a tab and either switching to previous or next tab. So gesture up was close & switch to previous and gesture down was close & switch to next. Does anyone know a Firefox addon/setting/whatever to do this?

Thanks to this thread I've been able to make Firefox almost behave like Opera so thanks to everyone for posting addons and stuff! This truly is the 'migrating from Opera' thread now. Sad really :(

FWT THE CUTTER
Oct 16, 2007

weed
Re: Selecting link text - there's an extension/add-on called 'Select like a Boss' for Chrome/Firefox, with it you can drag left/right to select the text and up/down to drag the link. Use that.