Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aturaten
Mar 23, 2008

by elpintogrande
I'm having an issue with Opera related to the address bar. it seems that searching page titles through it only works some time. I.E., if I type in "Opera", this page will not show up in the address bar results. Any suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aturaten
Mar 23, 2008

by elpintogrande

Casao posted:

Opera 9.6 or 10.0? I remember reading about this issue in 9.6 that had been corrected in the 10.0 alphas I believe.

Happens in both, oddly enough. I accidentally installed Opera 10 directly on top of 9.6 and this was my main reason for upgrading, hoping that it was corrected. I don't want this to be the reason that I go back to Firefox entirely (I use FF for my testing but Opera is my main browser).

Is there a guide somewhere that I can view that will help me wipe out all Opera files/registry entries so I can start anew?

Aturaten
Mar 23, 2008

by elpintogrande
Alright, I REALLY want to make Opera my standard browser, but I'm still having problems with the address bar title context search not functioning correctly. For example, if I have:

http://www.ndesign-studio.com/

in my history, and type in "studio", I get no results, despite the page title clearly having "Studio" in it.

Anyways, how are Opera's web development tools? I'm somewhat tinkering with them now, but I really hate having to double click on properties/elements etc. to edit them. I like just being able to edit the text itself. Is there a feature or I'm failing to see?

Aturaten
Mar 23, 2008

by elpintogrande

Mithaldu posted:

I just clicked your link, closed the tab, opened a new tab, entered "studio" and it offered me that URL. Sometimes if it's way back in the history you might need to wait a bit.

I just went to it right now. It's not there. All I get is the "Search for studio" message.

Aturaten
Mar 23, 2008

by elpintogrande

Anunnaki posted:

I just did the same thing, and it showed up in there as well. Try reinstalling?

Tried numerous times. No go.

Aturaten
Mar 23, 2008

by elpintogrande
Alright, what I want is very simple: to be able to pull up results from the address bar by searching titles without it searching the loving content of the web page. That's it. When you disable "Remember Content on Visited Webpages", this feature seems to disappear.

Opera is so drat good, it is by far the best browser, but this is the one thing that keeps me from using it as my main, non-development browser. Help?

Aturaten
Mar 23, 2008

by elpintogrande

Aturaten posted:

Alright, what I want is very simple: to be able to pull up results from the address bar by searching titles without it searching the loving content of the web page. That's it. When you disable "Remember Content on Visited Webpages", this feature seems to disappear.

Opera is so drat good, it is by far the best browser, but this is the one thing that keeps me from using it as my main, non-development browser. Help?

Requoting this. I really want this resolved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aturaten
Mar 23, 2008

by elpintogrande

Shitti Politti posted:

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, I believe going to opera:config and unchecking "addressbar content search" will do what you want.

Same thing. This disables searching both the title as well as the on-page text, only enabling searching by the beginning of the URL.