Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aborted Fetus
Jun 5, 2008
Opera 9.62 / 9.63 / 10 all seem to be giving me an odd issue with some transparent gifs. I haven't tested to see if it depends on the transparency method or color yet; I actually hope I don't have to, as I doubt any website will change every gif they have for my sake.

The images appear to be fine until the pages finish loading. Also, identifying as Opera, Firefox, or Internet Explorer doesn't make one bit of difference.

Other than that, hot drat do I miss Opera. I stopped using this browser around version 6 or 7. I can't remember which one, but javascript problems finally made me move to other browsers. Those 'other browsers' are now uninstalled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aborted Fetus
Jun 5, 2008

Zuffox posted:

I vaguely recall having one such problem. I can't remember the solution, unfortunately, but:

You say, that you've tried the three versions. How, exactly; did you try some other versions, when you ran into the issue? And if so, did you make sure to delete all the Opera files - remembering the ones in %AppData% (at least that's the destination in Vista)?

I tried changing these by hitting F12, d (Quick Preferences, Edit Site Preferences) moving to Network, then changing the browser identification there. This was followed with restarting Opera and going back to the site. Opera's also set up to delete everything on exit also, so it should delete the items in that folder.

Edit: I remember I used to have this type of problem with transparent pngs in one of the older versions of Opera, but the images in that screenshot aren't .png

Aborted Fetus fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jan 2, 2009

Aborted Fetus
Jun 5, 2008

Casao posted:

You said you tried it on 9.62, 9.63 and 10.0, which is what he was talking about. And no, it doesn't delete EVERYTHING, such as your preferences, which is what's stored in %appdata%. Uninstall Opera, go to %appdata% and rename the Opera folder to something else, reinstall Opera and see if it's still a problem.
I uninstalled Opera 9.62 completely, as well as removing the Opera directories from 'Program Files (x86)', %appdata%/Local and %appdata%/Roaming before installing Opera 9.63. I didn't do these steps with 10.0, as I assumed the separate directories would prevent these types of quirks.

Edit: nope, I'm an idiot. It was a userjs from one of the sites linked earlier that replaced empty or undefined image attributes. userjs deleted, problem solved.

Aborted Fetus fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Jan 3, 2009